Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new SX AWD about a month or so ago. The weekend before Christmas I was driving down the interstate and noticed the temperature gauge was going up. Pulled into an auto parts place and saw the reservoir was at the full line but the radiator was about a gallon low. Filled it up and continued home without an issue.
The Monday before Christmas I was on the way to work and the check engine light came on. Stopped at another auto parts place to have it scanned and they said it was a misfire on cylinder 1. So as soon as I got to work I called to make an appointment at the dealer.
Took the car in the day after Christmas. Within a half hour of getting there they said I had exhaust gasses in my coolant so they gave me a rental car and said they'd be contacting Kia about replacing the engine.
I got the car back with a new engine today. Diagnosis was most likely a bad casting.
So, a little worrisome that I had an issue so soon but couldn't be happier with my dealer's or Kia's service in taking care of it.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,724 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Glad to see Kia took care of your problem!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow, exhaust in the coolant, in a new car. I'd have guessed a coolant clog and overheat, but that's because I'm often wrong.

A whole new engine, intense. I guess Kia isn't into engine rebuilds.

There's been occasional negitive reviews of Kia service after engine malfunction, and it's great to see a happy story. Fortunately there haven't been many engine malfunction stories to begin with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts