Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

In the 2013 Rio5 LX+ owners manual page 4-128 and on regarding the on-board's "My Music", am I correct that MP3s can only be copied from an external source, i.e. USB key, ONE AT THE TIME?

I see nothing in the manual to allow me to transfer multiple if not ALL MP3 from the source to the "My Music". Although my library very small (85 songs), this would be very tedious to complete.

Anyone have a workaround or something I'm not seeing? The radio's menu does not show a "Copy ALL", but only "Copy" (currently selected/playing).

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

Well, I've looked again through the entire menu options. It seems that Kia has a sadistic way to have operators MANUALLY, copy MP3s ONE-AT-A-TIME on their "My Music". I'm going to send a general enquiry to Kia Canada is see if the Engineers can provide their stand on this "silly" oversight. I should have a reply sometime in Q3 or Q4 of this year. *GRINS*

EDIT - And yes, the LX+ doesn't have the UVO system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ANSWERED - No support

Well, as promised I received an email from Kia Motors Canada...there indeed is NO support to copy multiple MP3 from an external source, i.e. USB Key, iPad/iPad/Tablet to the stock radio's My Music on-board storage. It just isn't designed this way.

The on-board storage was designed to allow the user to copy MP3s only one at a time...think of it as "saving your favorites."

I've been trying to find other means to try and directly access the memory from my iPad and admin tools, but I'm not an experienced "hacker" so my efforts came up fruitless.

I'm a bit disappointed with this, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
Just for interest, what advantage does the on board storage give over playing from e.g. USB stick?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@LA-Foal

It's simply another means to carry and store your music while on the road.

What I was looking for was a means to mass download songs from a USB at once. So each week I can listen to new music while driving.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
yes its too bad but it does work for multi-down load on the UVO system, I use the Jukebox which doesn't have a lot of storage unfortunately but at the moment I have about 444 tracks on it (I think its full) and use it like another radio station holding my "mouldy oldies" tracks. I use a mini 8gb flash drive for many of my other music which will hold quite a few thousand.
I have well in excess of over 11,000 tracks in my own personal collection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts