Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While information I have suggests that LX models in both Canada and the U.S. have on board hard drives for music of as much as 700 megs called Jukebox, I have not seen reference in U.S. brochure as to what "on board" music storage exists in U.S. models with Nav. Canadian models (Nav only comes with SX and is standard), have an on board memory of 900 megs +, called My Music rather than Jukebox. In addition, there is an "Images" function allowing while parked to play images on a USB stick and option to save to the on board. I'm not sure how useful this "Images" function is, but am curious as to whether U.S. models have "My Music" and "Images"it since they do have
UVO E Services while Canadian Nav systems do not.
A limitation of the My Music set up vs Jukebox is the inability to store more than the song playing at the time to the on board storage. So tedious to say the least if want to store 200 songs.
I'm not sure how useful on board storage is anyway, given how easy it is to simply plug in a USB memory stick. Manual says not to leave it in when starting or turning off the vehicle as electrical surges could damage the USB stick. I have not any issues with the 4 Gig $7 stick I have been testing with.
Have also noted that U.S. models have HD radio capability which Canadian do not; not a surprise given HD radio does not exist up here yet.

·
Registered
427 Posts
US models do have the same "my music" and "images" function with the same size and song saving limitations. I believe it's strictly part of the audio/nav system and has nothing to do with e services or uvo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts