Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink: We bought our 04 KIA sedona LX last March. Few months later-summer time- I started to hear this noise(running between 30-45 miles), a loud humming sound with vibration under the engine area; it can also be heard and felt at the backseat area. The problem is that it happens randomly.When I brought it to the Kia service, I told them that it happens randomly. But they told me they cannot do the repair unless they see/ hear it themselves.

Observations:
a. My Sedona van seems to run better with 87 octane Chevron gas with Techron . Before I was using Exxon 87 octane.

b. The tires are not good; very dangerous on puddles.

c. I find the light/turn signal control short.

d. Paint finish on bumpers is not good( peels off easily). Be careful when using 'pressure wash'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by tyrannosaur_17@Nov 22 2004, 11:13 AM
We bought our 04 KIA sedona LX last March. Few months later-summer time- I started to hear this noise(running between 30-45 miles), a loud humming sound with vibration under the engine area; it can also be heard and felt at the backseat area. The problem is that it happens randomly.When I brought it to the Kia service, I told them that it happens randomly. But they told me they cannot do the repair unless they see/ hear it themselves.

Observations:
a. My Sedona van seems to run better with 87 octane Chevron gas with Techron . Before I was using Exxon 87 octane.

b. The tires are not good; very dangerous on puddles.

c. I find the light/turn signal control short.

d. Paint finish on bumpers is not good( peels off easily). Be careful when using 'pressure wash'.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree Tyrannosaur the tyres are crap :(
Try some "Dynamat" for the thrumming noise it worked on my Sedona - you can get it from most car hi-fi shops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2002 Sedona and have also experienced the humming sound from the back of the minivan (on the passenger side). The dealer could not find the cuase nor experience it, since it is random also.

Also I have seen the front grill loose it "chrome" covering and the paint on the side rear-view mirros is in bad shape with a lot of craks. The minivan is stored in a garage all the time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The humming noise that you hear in the back of van may be the following. The rear air conditoning unit is located in the rear passenger side (rightside) behind the pannel on the side wall. They had a problem with the expansion valve for the rear air conditioner that caused a noise this may be your problem. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts