Kia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If the timing is off would it cover and go
According to my mechanics words, this car is a dual camshaft so 1 controls intake the other out(exhaust), so when one is close the other should be open. there are two marks in each cam so when cam 1 is on mark A , cam 2 should be on Mark B. In my case when cam 1 was on mark A, cam 2 also was on Mark A, so there wasn't a complete open/close valve cycle. Meaning that before the intake valve was completly closed the exhasut was already opening, that causes loss of compression and therefore power and all kinds of silly behaviour from the enginge that on my case was 75% of the problem, another 15% was the crank sensor eventhough was new had to replaced with a used "working" one. The other 10% Im still trying to figure out, and yes you will need a good mechanic to tackle this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
After more than three months my issues persisted, to be honest the last thing I've tried was changing the fuel pump and it didnt solve the problem. after that I got tired of throwing rocks at the moon, but now I want to fixed it, to see If Im able to sell it or trade it for something else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Before venturing into replacing more electrical components I'm going to try Kevsters route and replace the Intake Gasket and tested for a week or so..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear you have had so many problems. Your P0325 code reminded me of when I received that code recently. The 1st gen Rios were horrible when it comes to engine/body grounds. There is really only two from the negative battery cable and the one that connects to the body does so near the battery tray, which is not the greatest place to put a ground due to corrosion.

Have you tried running a redundant ground wires to both the body and the engine? This fixed my P0325 and a few other issues I was seeing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sorry to hear you have had so many problems. Your P0325 code reminded me of when I received that code recently. The 1st gen Rios were horrible when it comes to engine/body grounds. There is really only two from the negative battery cable and the one that connects to the body does so near the battery tray, which is not the greatest place to put a ground due to corrosion.

Have you tried running a redundant ground wires to both the body and the engine? This fixed my P0325 and a few other issues I was seeing.
No, actually the only ground I've checked was the one on the passenger side near the timing belt cover, but I did took out the injectors wire harness and the throthle body harness and physically check each wire for splits and did a continuity test at each end for each wire... I will check into that ground you mention, one thing though this car seems to trigger many false alarm codes when it fails.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Actually I did replace the knock sensor with an original part, and after that it has only come on twice when you keep trying to run the car with other codes on. Keep in mind that the car will run ok for about 45 minutes or 45 miles then P1166, P1529 and P0741 If keep on going with these codes on then the car would shut down and register other random codes like knock sensors and misfires...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
5 Participants
Michael Oaks
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing