Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2000 kia sportage 2dr 4wd had died on my while on the fast lane on the freeway. luckly CHP pushed my car out of the freeway and onto the streets. well, i took it to the mechanic the next day and they saw that my car did not start. well, they ran the computer diag. and found no problems with the car. the car then started normally as if nothing was wrong. well, at least twice a week my car would not start in the mornings and when i would get off of work. finally again the car did not want to start at all! this time i took it again to the mechanic and he figured out that it was the fuel pump. i left my car overnight so he can be sure it was that. he called me the next day and told me that it was the fuel pump and they would charge me a grand total of $654 not including tax. he claimed that he can only get the fuel pump from the dealer which made me worry since i am not a rich guy. so i told the guy to order the pump. after i hung up the phone i began thinking, maybe there are other places that sell it cheaper so i right away picked up the phone and started calling around. as my luck would have it NAPA had one in the San Diego location and would order and have it shipped to L.A. the next day. the following day came and sure enough my brother in law and myself began to install the fuel pump as well as a new fuel filter. ofcourse i had to call the kia dealership to find out where the pump is located. i was a bit surprised as well as my brother in law that the pump is located inside the gas tank so as you can imagine, it took us a while to finally finish the job. i was so happy as soon as we installed it and thought no more problems! I WAS WRONG!! 3 days later my car didn't want to start again. i had taken it before to a kia dealership and they could not find anything wrong with the car as well as other mechanics. i don't know what to do anymore! i am getting fed up! i love my kia and want to keep it for i can not afford to get a new car at this time. any suggestions?

thank you!

anthony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts