Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I would like to start to say that my english isnt that awesome (from sweden) so bare with me.

On monday im getting my first Kia ever, and of course a sportage, and i have a few questions:

In Sweden we have a few different options, and we have one called the STHLM (stockholm) edition. And i have booked the last car that has the STHLM edition.

STHLM edition includes: Backsensor camera, gps, panoramic sunroof, 1.6 petrol enginge, a upgraded soundsystem with a subwoofer. All this for a small amount of money. So ofc i took it.

But i have some questions about the soundsystem, how good is it? Where do they put the built in subwoofer? Does it take a lot of space?

The salesman also told me that this car has corner lights, that activates when you turn. Does this work good? And how good are the lights on the car when its dark?

And was i dumb not to take the 1.7 diesel instead? In sweden we have higher taxes on diesel cars, and i don't drive more then 1500 miles per year, and it's double the taxes on the diesel.

Some people say the 1.6 engine is pretty tired? Is it that big of a difference?

And the last an most importent question: Are you satisfied with the car? Kia is kind of an low brand over here. Most people buy, BMW, Volvo, Ford. And a lot of people said to me KIA? Wtf are they really good? Doesnt they have a lot of problems with their cars?

Im buying the Sportage because i love the look of it, and ofc it's really cheap compared to a BMW X3, X5, or volvo xc60.

It's seven years new car warranty and 3 years of free assistance if something happens. And for 5000 SEK (800 USD) i get free service on the car up to 7000 miles. Think i should take it?

A lot of questions, and once again sorry for the bad english!

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX / 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
16 Posts
Hi maccswe,
Wish you good luck with your new Sporty.
I just received my 2012 Sporty LX AWD 2.4L, it's awesome, beautiful and practical vehicle.
It was designed by the Chief Designer Eng. Peter Shreuer (Best Audi Designer).
Although I'm not in Sweden, but I can answer some of your quest.
1. Best thing you did is the STHLM package.
2. Petrol Engine has more kicks, stronger, less problems and quite.
3. The Sub-woofer is @ the right backside (above the back seat) passenger side.
4. The sound system is good and clear at its peak ... for the average listener .... but for the audiofile guy it's weak. the EX option got Bose speakers and it's higher in sound quality.
5. Sound system contains 4 speakers @ the doors, and 2 tweeters on driver & passenger doors and a rear sub and a separate Amp @ the back.
6. The cornering lights ... is actually the front Fog lamps (lower part) and its 27w each Halogen Model 881 .
7. The headlamp lights are 55w Halogen H7 for the Hi and same for the Low beam.
In fact I went for the Xenon HID H7 8000K 55W Bosch for the Low Beam... it's marvelous !! and I intend to change the cornering lamps for same... but later :)
8. It's really a great vehicle and a real FAST one... just change for HID bulbs and keep a KIA paint retouch pen of same car color... it will serve you for the next 10-15 yrs...
By the way, the sporty engine is the same of Optima engine put in an SUV.

Hope I covered some of yr quest...
Good luck.
Asmar5

·
Registered
2016 Sportage EX
12 Posts
Hi!

And the last an most importent question: Are you satisfied with the car? Kia is kind of an low brand over here. Most people buy, BMW, Volvo, Ford. And a lot of people said to me KIA? Wtf are they really good? Doesnt they have a lot of problems with their cars?

Im buying the Sportage because i love the look of it, and ofc it's really cheap compared to a BMW X3, X5, or volvo xc60.

It's seven years new car warranty and 3 years of free assistance if something happens. And for 5000 SEK (800 USD) i get free service on the car up to 7000 miles. Think i should take it?

A lot of questions, and once again sorry for the bad english!
Yes, it's is very good. The build quality is as good as the BMW, everything is solid and assembled well. The suspension is fantastic, better handling than the Ford and Volvo, a little less than the BMW, but very close. I really like the firm spring rate, the vehicle corners and handles very well. I migrated from a 325Xi Touring to this vehicle, and am very happy with the quality of the Kia, it's that good.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Vanilla Soul Shaker 1.6 crdi Auto 2013
1,498 Posts
Hi!

I would like to start to say that my english isnt that awesome (from sweden) so bare with me.

On monday im getting my first Kia ever, and of course a sportage, and i have a few questions:

In Sweden we have a few different options, and we have one called the STHLM (stockholm) edition. And i have booked the last car that has the STHLM edition.

STHLM edition includes: Backsensor camera, gps, panoramic sunroof, 1.6 petrol enginge, a upgraded soundsystem with a subwoofer. All this for a small amount of money. So ofc i took it.

But i have some questions about the soundsystem, how good is it? Where do they put the built in subwoofer? Does it take a lot of space?

The salesman also told me that this car has corner lights, that activates when you turn. Does this work good? And how good are the lights on the car when its dark?

And was i dumb not to take the 1.7 diesel instead? In sweden we have higher taxes on diesel cars, and i don't drive more then 1500 miles per year, and it's double the taxes on the diesel.

Some people say the 1.6 engine is pretty tired? Is it that big of a difference?
Hello It is a good Idea to research before you buy.
there are three 1.6 petrol engines between the Hyundai and Kia 130 ps 132ps and 174ps
The lower specification of 130 will always need pushing hard but the 174 although still down on Torque will feel lively.
All-New Kia Sportage Technical Specifications | Kia Motors UK.
Do not get caught up in the dealers money making offers interior exterior protection or any servicing offers.
The only good one is the Kia prepaid first 3 services.
Go on your kia website, go to Kia owners section read and print out Warranty and PDI learn them before you pick up car.
When you get car Study the handbook All sections.

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello It is a good Idea to research before you buy.
there are three 1.6 petrol engines between the Hyundai and Kia 130 ps 132ps and 174ps
The lower specification of 130 will always need pushing hard but the 174 although still down on Torque will feel lively.
All-New Kia Sportage Technical Specifications | Kia Motors UK.
Do not get caught up in the dealers money making offers interior exterior protection or any servicing offers.
The only good one is the Kia prepaid first 3 services.
Go on your kia website, go to Kia owners section read and print out Warranty and PDI learn them before you pick up car.
When you get car Study the handbook All sections.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Even though I made the post in 2012 ;-)

I did however end up with a Sportage and it was a really nice car. My wife got pregnant around the same time as we bought the car so I had to sell it in 2015 and buy a bigger car for all strollers etc.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Vanilla Soul Shaker 1.6 crdi Auto 2013
1,498 Posts
Thanks Jeff!

Even though I made the post in 2012 ;-)

I did however end up with a Sportage and it was a really nice car. My wife got pregnant around the same time as we bought the car so I had to sell it in 2015 and buy a bigger car for all strollers etc.
Sorry about that caught out again by people resurrecting old posts.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts