Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. This is my 1st day in the forum. I owned an 6y.o., 33Kmileage cd5 2 yrs ago. I bought it from an expat. Though I never had any breakdown while using it, I already had several repairs made. Thrice for rear tire-bearing replacement, once for break pad/shoe replacement, once for clutch disk/pressure plate replacement, once for air-con breakdown and once for battery and tire replacement, once for axle boot and several minor underchassis repairs. In the body, I have problems with the odometer lights up to now(sometimes lights not turning on) same with the stereo and aircon. Service center could not detect why. What I do with the aircon is to re-start the engine until it's on. The carpet at the driver seat is already torn after two years despite having a rubber mat :mellow: . Now I have problems with too much vibration above 80Km/hr. My wheel is perfectly alligned. My tire is just two mos. old, same with the tune-up and change oil. I suspect it's the gasoline because I shifted to using Petron Blaze days ago from the usual unleaded gasoline...I am not sure though if its the one causing it...I'll service it again.

My usual fuel consumption is about 12 km/liter but a month ago I had Super-Turbo Charger installed and improved to almost 14km/liter...

So right now I'm not exactly sure if it's a good car because I haven't owned any other car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
what i can say tire bearings are kinda hard to say since if the mechanic does overtighten it then it would not last as long as i should would you believe i have a fx 2.0 diesel which when i had my front bearings replaced lasted me just about a year and that happened twice and twice i had them changed by the same mechanic but luckily the last time i changed it about 5 years ago there okay up to now, to bad its the other side now as of my writing, i have a cd 5 and all i can say if the aircon is not set up right you dont really get icy cold airconditioning from it. any way a kia pride is a car and all cars do break down one advantage i can assure you is well you will probably keep saying in the future Sh!t i pay the mechanic more than what i spend on the parts. hehehe thats why i still have my besta 2.7 and a cd 5 around. As for your lights which sometimes does not light up you could if you want to poke around and look for a loose connection it does happen to me come to think of it my fx does have that now sometimes the light behing my aircon panel is off and when you give it a light tap presto okay again, but honestly speaking if i can just turn it on with a light tap that will be okay for me for the meantime.

oh yeah about the vibration at 80 you may have alignment , you could also try balancing the tires, also .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts