Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while 280 miles away on a camping trip the crankshift bolt that holds the vibration damper/pully broke and the pully stopped turning

the bolt and the pully were so hot i got a burn blister from touching them

i was lucky to have a friend with me who had a friend within walking distance

so at 11:00 on a friday night within an hour the flatbed tow truck arrived to tow the truck 60 miles away to the nearest KIA dealer

KIA customer service said i quailfied for "trip interuption reinbursment" and put me through to ar separate rep (from the ins. carrier i think) who could not give me any specific information to what expences were covered except i was on my own to find transportation and a place to stay and had to pay up front and it would be up to the adjuster as to what he would pay after the fact
WHAT A JOKE i guess he did not know what the KIA warrenty says in writing about trip interuption coverage, i read it, it don't cover much

i called my wife and she had to drive 280 miles to come get me and our pop/up trailer the next day. lucky i have another tow vehicle

so the dealer called me today and stated the following;

they ordered, new pully, alignment pin, bolt, all three drive belts and a new timing belt and whatever else was necessary to complete the repair

the repair should be done by the end of the week

the service manager was very nice and courtous, not like the dealer i purchased it from

i guess we will have to eat the $200+ in fuel and tolls to go get the troublesome vehicle. they just replaced the engine 900 miles ago !

i have lost all my confidence and trust in this vehicle i dare not go too far from home with it anymore !

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have a 2005 sorento 3.5 v6, at 4700 miles it needed the engine replaced because of a "clip" breaking off of the intake plenum or the throdle body and got sucked into one of the cylinders

i was not the only 3.5 v6 to suffer this failure, at the time ours was in for the engine replacement they also had a 3.5 v6 sedona in for the same problem

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Hey, where is this "clip" supposed to be???

What happened for you to take it in? Noise?

I've heard of this problem before, but haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by KiaMech@Aug 23 2005, 01:14 AM
Hey, where is this "clip" supposed to be???

What happened for you to take it in? Noise?

I've heard of this problem before, but haven't seen it yet.
the "clip" was never explained to me in detail.

as i was driving about 35 mph all of a sudden th engine started making a loud thrashing noise and started missing on one cyl the the noise lessened and the miss went away, but the niose was still very audible. the "clip" was probubly mashed into one of the piston tops so it has to small enough to pass past the intake valve

other than the engine and parts assoiated with replacing it no other parts were listed on my copy of the work, but one of the copys stated that the intake plenum was replaced with a different type "replaced plenum with counter measure plenum", but had no part number listed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts