Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Carens
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst driving ('03 Carens CRD auto) work, I herd a bang, the engine revs, died then picked-up again, is this not normal I thought, but carried on as I was on a aroundabout joining a dual-carriage, (stopping was not a good plan!!!). Driving along the road I noticed that the engine was reving higher than normal, 4th gear had gone!!

I stopped at a Macdonalds and called KIA assist. A repair man turned up an hour later, looked at the car, and said theirs not much I can do about a gearbox problem, where is the nearest Kia dealer?

Lucky it was about 1 mile away, so I put it into reverse gear and rev'ed the engine, got out and pushed it out of the car park space!! another gear down!!. And drove to the KIA dealer slowly.

SoI am now driving a Honda Jazz SE 1.4, it does not have the space or power of the Carens whilst mine is in.

I think it will take about 1-2 weeks before I see my Carens again....
:((

Luckly it's under warrantty, so should not cost any thing. The dealer (Boonagate, peterborough UK) has not seen this problem before! I am not sure this is good, as it is not a common problem, or bad as there d'not know how to fix it!!!!

Here hoping

·
Registered
2003 Kia Carens
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it back, the garage have replaced the gearbox. Big thanks to Kia UK.

The only thing I will miss about the Honda Jazz is it 50 miles per gallon...

·
Registered
Kia Carens CRDI Mk 3
103 Posts
Good to see you have got the car back with a new gearbox
did you get under the warranty, or did you have to pay anything
(labour charge or such)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts