Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I just wanted to start a thread on my car with pics and updates on the work that I will be doing on the car. I plan on changing a few things on the car, some I hope to have sooner rather then later. Looking forward to your comments!

I bought this car in June 2013, after my 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT finally quit on me. I had already been thinking about getting a new car, and that gave me the final push I needed to get the Kia. I liked the 2013 model as it looks more sportier then the 2010 and I like the drive. It was also within my price range which certainly help. I got the car with only 11Km on it.

Mods so far:

30% Front tints
20% Rear tints
Chrome door handle covers
Smoked window visors
K3 Carbon Fiber Emblems
Debadged trunk
6000K H11B HID kit
Stainless steal pedals
OBD Bluetooth reciever (to connect with phone to use with Torque)
Map and Dome light LED upgrade
RTX 17" Wheels
215/45ZR17 summer tires
Carbon fiber trim kit
Hella horn (not yet installed)
Boss 600w amp
750W Alpine 10" Sub
1 farad cap
Underglow lights (not yet installed)
Cold Air Intake
Painted calipers
Smoked tail lights
Smoked reflectors
Sturt bar from Evilla Motorsports
Rear torsion bar from Evilla Motorsports
Purple fog lights
Shark Fin radio antenna
Evilla Motorsports MAgnaflow exhaust
Crossed drilled and slotted rotors w/ premium ceramic pads
Super Wide Rearview Mirror
HD Dash Camera
Oil catch Can
Pumpkin Double DIN Android Head Unit
Weather Tech Mats
Prostart Remote Starter
Summit Racing Rage Sports Roof Rack
Carbon Fiber Rad cover from Evilla Motorsport

Wishlist:

- Wrapped hood
- Grill LEDs
- Exhaust headers
- Painted Grill
- Back up Camera
- Roof Rack
- Seat Covers

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

Just got my summer wheels put on today. I updated the page and will get some more pictures of the interior after adding the trim kit.

My next agenda on the list will be exhaust (any suggestions that are not too pricey?) cold air intake (from ebay with K&N filter).

I will be installing my horns and under body lights shortly as well.

Over the winter and the crazy ice storm we had, my window visors broke, so I got more sleek ones and installed those.

Pics below, let me know what you think so far :D

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio hatchbk LX
5 Posts
Of course your asking for cool upgrade ideas but I am not there. I got the same car mid Jan (except 2014) so just commenting on how great your car looks with chrome door handles & tire upgrade. I imagine Ontario winters similar to Minnesota's so better than factory tires b4 winter are the 1st upgrade on my list. ( Approve of your change up on the logo;s ( trunk ) and also approve of your switching to a Kia from Elantra. I logged 220 trouble free miles on my '02 kia rio cinco so bought the same car even though the Elantra test drive beat the Kias.:)

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice...like the look sof your car.

I have been checking out Evilla. I am going to be picking up their front and rear strut bars. The exhaust, I do like, but I think I might be getting something different. I think I am going to check out some local exhaust shops and see what they have.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX, 1967 Chevy C10
241 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for the pictures of your wheels. You and Evilla are making me want wheels even more for mine.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I finally got my cold air intake. I just installed the SRI part, as I need to get under the car to remove the rest of the stock intake components. Once I do this, I will install the rest of the piping. Here is a picture of it installed (sorry for the dirty engine bay :p)

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will be painting my brake calipers in the next week or 2. I will be painting them purple. I am just hoping I can find the right colour at one of the local shops here. Was hoping to have all of this done by now (horns, lights, painted calipers, painted engine bay, shark fin antenna) but I have not had much time to do it and when I do it's raining outside.

I also ordered in the EZlip last night along with some film for the taillights to smoke them. It was cheap (off ebay) and we will see how well it goes on. If this works out well and I prove that I am able to do it properly, I will be spending the money on a carbon fiber hood wrap and installing that myself.

Hopefully will have some new pictures soon once I get this stuff installed.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update:

so today I picked up some paint for my calipers. Going to paint it tomorrow (weather pending) as well as the engine cover. I also got the ez lip in today and that will also be put on tomorrow. WIll take some pics once it is all done

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio , 1970 big block Corvette , 2002 Hyundai SantFe SUV
164 Posts
So I finally got my cold air intake. I just installed the SRI part, as I need to get under the car to remove the rest of the stock intake components. Once I do this, I will install the rest of the piping. Here is a picture of it installed (sorry for the dirty engine bay :p)

I don't think youll see any cold air where you have your cone air filter located, will you ???? Wont you have to get it out of the engine bay which will run hot ordinarily ?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So today I ended up not having as much time as I had hoped. I got my new horns painted purple and will be putting those in next week on my days off. I did get the calipers painted today though. They did not turn out as bright as I was hoping, but I do like the colour of them.

Depending on the weather tomorrow I may do the vinyl on the tail lights before I take off to work. Here is a pic of the caliper:

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quick update: I have not installed the horns yet as I have not had much time, same with my underglow lights. I am hoping that I will have some time to do that soon. However, I did get a chance, thanks to my brother, to get to use the plastidip smoke to smoke out my taillights and reflectors. Very easy to do, just takes time and patience to let the layers dry. I am debating picking up some more and making the tail lights just a little bit darker. What do you think?

It is a little hard to see because it was really bright and sunny the day we did it

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2020 Ford Escape SEL, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,171 Posts
Why not remove then to spray them rather than masking?

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD Snow White Pearl
193 Posts
too much work to remove lol and I am lazy. It does not take much to tape it up before spraying
Just some advice if that paint you used on your calipers was not specifically caliper paint it won't last. Calipers get very hot when braking so the paint needs to be high temperature paint. In other words caliper paint. Duplicolor makes caliper paint maybe not in the color you want. G2 is another caliper paint but pricey.

Pat.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts