Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5 Hatchback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden, my door locks itself.

It will auto lock itself within 30 seconds or so... even when the door is opened, and if I don't use the fob to unlock it, the alarm will go off.

I checked to see if it was associated with the fob by leaving it unlocked while going inside WalMart... it was still uocked when I came out.

I also have walked away about 30 feet and it would auto lock itself.

Any ideas

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
The door latch assemblies (left and right front doors) provide feedback to the body control module about if the doors are locked/unlocked... The switch becomes intermittent... It could be either front door that can cause the intermittent problem....It is usually caused by water getting into the assembly...

Try manually locking and unlocking both doors... This will manually move the lock linkage... The door that causes the unwanted locking/unlocking is probably the one that needs the lock assembly replaced...

There also have been all kind of problems with the BCM (body control module) which controls lots of electronics within the car (turn signals/windshield wipers/door locks/headlights/tail lights/alarm/wireless key fob/etc..)... That is located behind the passenger compartment fuse panel to the left of the drive steering wheel...
Dave

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5 Hatchback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow... thanks so much for your information. I really appreciate that. I have been looking all over the internet trying to find an answer.

My Kia is the best car I've owned over the new Jettas, new Focus I've bought in the past.

Thanks again for your help

jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts