Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined. Wife would like me to ask if everyone has really mushy (but still working) brakes on 2015 Sorento. It has almost always been
like this, even after brake work, bleeding etc. Is this a usual feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No info. I think we can just assume Sorento brakes of this model are crappy. They have always had the same poor quality on this vehicle. Just a crappy brake and wheel cylinder design I imagine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, 127 views and no one can bother to comment on whether their 2015 Sorento brakes are inherently good or perennially crappy? I will have them bled again when changing over to winter tires and if that does't help, I will switch back to a Pathfinder.

·
Super Moderator
9,486 Posts
Hmm, 127 views and no one can bother to comment on whether their 2015 Sorento brakes are inherently good or perennially crappy? I will have them bled again when changing over to winter tires and if that does't help, I will switch back to a Pathfinder.
This was posted less than one minute ago - were you really expecting response to be that fast and furious?

Edit: Merged threads.

Why wouldn't you assume that the lack of response to your first post is an indication that its not a common problem - if a search also revealed nothing, that would be another confirmation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
IMO it is unreasonable to assume the original brakes on any car manufactured in the past decade or two are just inherently crappy. Just my opinion. My 2014 Sorento brakes are great, no complaints. Other factors that could cause spongy brakes (if that is the probelm you have) besides air in the hydaulic system are the rubber brake hoses (used between the car body and the brake caplier itself) that have gotten soft and can "balloon up" ever so slightly causing poor brake feel, pad contamination, inferior aftermarket pads if they have been changed. A competent mechanic should be able to diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined. Wife would like me to ask if everyone has really mushy (but still working) brakes on 2015 Sorento. It has almost always been
like this, even after brake work, bleeding etc. Is this a usual feature.
As compared to other vehicles I have owned, yes they are "mushy". I didn't like them when I bought it new, but everything else I did like so.....Other than feel they do work well, you can slam on them and it will stop quick with antilock kicking in. The feel reminds me of my 69 Nova I had in high school with 4 wheel drum brakes, but the KIA stops a lot better :).

·
Super Moderator
9,486 Posts
As compared to other vehicles I have owned, yes they are "mushy". I didn't like them when I bought it new, but everything else I did like so.....Other than feel they do work well, you can slam on them and it will stop quick with antilock kicking in. The feel reminds me of my 69 Nova I had in high school with 4 wheel drum brakes, but the KIA stops a lot better :).
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My Brakes have been perfect feeling from the start! I replaced them all recently with New brakes from Advanced auto, with 2 new front rotors. They are still Good grabbing, although the pedal is bit harder. No big deal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts