Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2004 sorento for a work car. When I bought the car it had a check engine light so I had it read a Autozone. It is a multi misfire, misfire cyl 2 and misfire cyl 4. since I bought the car I have done a set of head gaskets timeing belt and everything that goes along with that. Put everything back together and it fired right up and ran fine. Today the check engine light comes on and I have a same misfires as before. I changed cylinder 4 with cylinder 6 thinking it would move to a code of misfire on 2 and 6 now, but it still came up 2 and 4. What gives? I looked at the injectors when I had them out to do the head gaskets and they looked ok too. I saw on rock auto that there is a misfire sensor could this be it???
Please help this thing has been a real nightmare from the start.
I also had the heads checked at a machine shop for cracks and what not.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
When you say that you "changed" did you change the coil, or the lead or both?
Either could be at fault. Also the small low tension lead can also cause misfires, this is a common cause of missing on 4cylinder Sportages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just switch number 4 coil with number 6. I unplugged the wires that lead over to the other side because I am not getting a misfire on the odd number ones. What do you mean by low tension lead?? Is there a misfire sensor like they list on rock auto?

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
What do you mean by low tension lead??

The small wire that feeds in the juice to fire the coil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts