Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so my plan is to cut my muffler off of my spectra, and add some extra exhaust piping were the muffler use to be and add a dc sport exhaust tip to the end of it. Not a huge can, just a little 11" tip to the end. Cuttin the muffler off for making it louder and welding it on so it dosent vibrate off. And maybe add some supra style slant to the exhaust. ;)
I had to edit this because I left a part out. The main question is, can I weld, not just bolt a tip on and be ok? I've seen a few on your tube that sound pretty good. I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can weld the pipes or fix them using flangers without afecting performance. The only way you would like to use flanger is for the annual check.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can weld the pipes or fix them using flangers without afecting performance. The only way you would like to use flanger is for the annual check.
Yeah I'm just going to take the old muffler exhaust which ever you call it,and add more pipping to the exhaust tip at the end and weld it I to place. I got the resonated exhaust so it's got more sound to it rather then just a shinny price of straight cut metal. And then slanting it a little, considering on the 05 spectra5 theirs no bumper exhaust cut out. :|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts