Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed front and rear mud flaps for my Sorento, they look very nice if I don't say so myself. Only problem I ran into was when I was installing the rear, the center screw I couldn't get to. I even have a very short screwdriver, but the tire was in the way. I went ahead and skipped it because I have one on the top and one on the bottom, it move a little bit after I attached it but not enough to worry that it will fall off. Hope this helps anyone debating on whether or not to DIY.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX FWD 4cyl, Titanium/Black
65 Posts
I just installed front and rear mud flaps for my Sorento, they look very nice if I don't say so myself. Only problem I ran into was when I was installing the rear, the center screw I couldn't get to. I even have a very short screwdriver, but the tire was in the way. I went ahead and skipped it because I have one on the top and one on the bottom, it move a little bit after I attached it but not enough to worry that it will fall off. Hope this helps anyone debating on whether or not to DIY.

I installed all 4 mudflaps as well, and I'd highly recommend that you put in the center screws. I have a low profile S shaped screwdriver that worked perfectly, you can find them at Lowes or any hardware store (pretty cheap).

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX
46 Posts
Why not just jack up the rear, and remove a tire to install the remaining screws? Wouldn't you rather make sure they are secured properly, instead of them possibly ripping off?

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,970 Posts
Why not just jack up the rear, and remove a tire to install the remaining screws? Wouldn't you rather make sure they are secured properly, instead of them possibly ripping off?
use a 1/4" drive ratchet ,apex holder and a #2 apex and no need to remove tire.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts