Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ive got a 2003 Sedona 2.9crdi Auto .Could anyone tell me roughly what the mpg should be .I filled it to top and under normal driving no booting it .it did 400 mile to the tank full .Seemed a bit low to me ive only just got the car so i wouldnt know no different .But is that bad and if it is what could be the prob .had recent full service
thanks
chris

·
Banned
468 Posts
Hi all ive got a 2003 Sedona 2.9crdi Auto .Could anyone tell me roughly what the mpg should be .I filled it to top and under normal driving no booting it .it did 400 mile to the tank full .Seemed a bit low to me ive only just got the car so i wouldnt know no different .But is that bad and if it is what could be the prob .had recent full service
thanks
chris
Its a heavy car and an automatic to boot so 400 is extreamley good for a full tank .The tank holds 75 litres which is roughly 16 gallons which works out at 25 mpg which in everyday driving is respectable, best mileage is normally achieved on long journeys or longer than urban driving

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
You probably did better than 25 MPG. How empty was the tank when you filled?

Only way is to check it out at highway speed and re-fill after a known distance (checking odometer, that is). Around town, you'll probably get 2/3 of the (gentle) highway figure.

As always, it depends how you drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replys ..yes i got 73.5 ltrs in it to the top ..and yes id worked it out to roughly 25 mpg .even though it was round town i thought a bit low and maybe i have a problem ..Thanks your replys have reassured me a little ..Suppose i was reading too much into advertisements by sellers when i was looking for one .that they did 40mpg on a long run .:confused:

chris

·
Banned
468 Posts
Thanks for replys ..yes i got 73.5 ltrs in it to the top ..and yes id worked it out to roughly 25 mpg .even though it was round town i thought a bit low and maybe i have a problem ..Thanks your replys have reassured me a little ..Suppose i was reading too much into advertisements by sellers when i was looking for one .that they did 40mpg on a long run .:confused:

chris

They will do 40 mpg on a long run but not if driven by Alonso:D A few years back I went from the Midlands to Scotland and toured around and then back to the Midlands and averaged 41mpg so it can be done , but with an automatic you are always going to get less than a manual would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts