Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got a new uk version 05 plate sportage xe great motor but what is your fuel economy like im doing a lot of city driving but on my last 2 calculations only getting
52.2 litres 11.482 uk gallons = 347 miles =30.22mpg a little motorway driving
50.61 litres 11.13 uk gallons =307 miles = 27.58 mpg in town mostly
is this ok or somthing needing looked at kia figures for my 2.0 litre diesel
urban = 30.2
combined = 39.8
any help appreciated

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
in my 2000 US spec sportage, I was getting around 25 combined city & highway. After my lift and tires, it's around 21-20. However, I don't think the 05 sportages have the same motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

UK 2005 Sportage XS 2.0 Crdi manual about 2mths old now, Onboard trip computer is showing 26 mpg urban driving and 29 mpg combined. I haven't worked it out yet for myself but its coming nowhere near Kia Figures. Other than that what a great drive.

Regards Gerry. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply lads im watching my fuel economy a lot now but it does appear that the kia figures are a bit dogey but it is a great drive

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I have got a 05 plate deisel sportage xs which has now done 4500 miles still only getting on average 31 mpg. As these are nowhere near the published figures I approached my dealer about this who advised me that fuel cosumption should improve after 5000 miles or so other than this it's still a great drive.
For your info Hyundai Tuson owners on their forum have been complaining about fuel consumption for months as I believe the Tucson and the Sportage share the same engine it might be worth visiting their website.

www.hyundai-forums.com

·
Registered
2005 Sportage XS 2.0 Petrol
3 Posts
Hi, I have a 05 Sportage 2.0 XS petrol which has now done 3500 miles. I thought I was getting a bad deal with 28mpg average but looks like the money I saved buying a petrol is paying off. UK autoexpress magazine ran a good artical last week, looks like most manufacturers mpg figues are about 20% better than reality. Still a great car though, shame petrol is £4.50 a gallon here.

·
Registered
Kia Carens CRDI Mk 3
103 Posts
I,m running a Kia Carens 2 litre diesel same engine as the
sportage 1st 348 miles 40.60 mpg should improve the more
miles i do hopefully :banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi craig

i have a new UK 05 spec sportage XE 2.0 petrol and have not managed to get up to the 34mpg expected.
i manage 26mpg at the best. i keep hoping the engine will loosen up but at nearly 8k it should be doing better by now.
Anyone else having similar consumption?

paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 55 plate Petrol XS Sportage in Black and I am VERY dissappointed in the MPG.

Having done over 37,000 miles as part of my job last year, and keeping track of every one for expenses, I know how to keep track of my mileage and drive for best MPG value. Afterall, that was how I made a living!

But no matter what I do I am not getting anything like the mpg figures published in the literature. Currently I am getting more along the lines of:

17 MPG Urban (37% below expected)

23 MPG Combined (34% below expected)

29 MPG Motorway (31% below expected)

These are calculations done myself based on resetting the trip meter and filling the tank carefully to the very brim to ensure I get as accurate a level of used fuel as possible.
I'd like to measure it with my trip computer, but between the time I ordered it and the time it arrived it was no longer available due to a "Change in specifications".
I can only hazard a guess that the change in specifications was to help obfuscate the lousy mileage!

I have reported this to my dealer twice, and they have pretty much said there is nothing they can do about it.
Now the only reason I bought this 4X4 at all was because it had just as good mileage as my old car was getting. If this doesn't improve I shall be returning it and going down the road for something smaller!

Also, anyone else had problems with their clutch/gearbox?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, with mine 2 litre diesel im getting after 10 000km these results: 6.8 - 7.4l/100km out of town and around 10l/100km in the town. These figures seem to me quite reasonable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have uk spec 2.0l petrol. i am getting about 25 to the gallon, not good at all... but then i knew it wouldn't be the best.
i wonder if having it chipped might increase the fuel economy. anyone know the answer to this?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have an '01 Sephia. Get 27 mpg city/highway combined.

:blush:

·
Registered
CEED SW LS (1.6 CDRi)
193 Posts
I converted my 2005 Sportage EX to LPG soon after I bought it.

Seemed to make sense rather than paying for the Deisel engine premium.

Before conversion I was getting approx 28MPG UK Gallons.

After conversion getting 22 MPG LPG.... but its only 38 p a litre compared to 90p a litre petrol......

So I'm getting equivalent of 52MPG petrol pound for pound.... not bad eh!!!!!!!

:p :thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys. I live in Southern California, USA. Our 2005 Sportage is an LX with 5 speed manuel transmission. We get around 25-27 MPG most of the time. We have gotten as low as 22-23 when it was a lot of city driving and up to 29 on a road trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a V6 Auto and I'm getting around 12mpg. Ok I have a heavy right foot, so that doesn't help. But here in Doha a tank of petrol costs $12.35. I still have a stupid grin on my face everytime I fill up ! :auto:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 model 2.0 diesel xs manual that I have done 1500 miles in. At the moment I get about 36 mpg mixed driving. Well below KIA claims, but it is a big car......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have a 2.0 diesel xs, 2006 model the same as you I believe......mine does not have a trip computer just 2 trip meters....do I have a fault, is there ment be one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by barry groves@May 18 2006, 03:17 AM
Hi I have a 2.0 diesel xs, 2006 model the same as you I believe......mine does not have a trip computer just 2 trip meters....do I have a fault, is there ment be one?

I was quite dissapointed when I found out my 2006 model hadnt got the trip computer, but hey we got the extra BHP!! Im also dissapointed with the fuel economy as well, hopefully like someone said earlier after 5000 miles it will get better, I had a 2.5 V6 MG before the Sportage and I think that was better fuel economy!!!

Cheers

Carl :beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 05 XE has done 12,000, I have had it for the last 3,000. Fuel consumption about 27mpg so far. Was hoping that brake master cylinder replacement to fix locking brakes would improve things but no sign of it yet. My old 2.0 litre Grand Vitara did about 375 on a tank of fuel, Sportage needs filling at about 250, and its a bigger tank.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.