Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Rondo V6 2002 Sedona
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love our 2002 Sedona, it doesn't get good gas mileage and the Sedona has the worst gas mileage of all minivans, about 20 mpg. But remember, its a 4700 pound vehicle. Its an over enginered steel cage that's a quadruple five star crash rated vehicle with only 2 air bags, its a safe vehicle because its a tank. A ford explorer weighs 4100 pounds, that's 600 pounds less and the ford gets 14/18 mpg with the comperable V6, 200 HP engine. A sedona is the same weight as a heavy duty truck, how many of those get more then 20 mpg?
Its unfortunate, but the next generation, the 2006 is lighter, bigger, bigger engine, and gets better fuel economy (why, new engine and lighter vehicle).
I think if any of us got in a major accident we'd be thankfull for the safety and forgive the lost MPGs. Would you rather your family be in a Sedona in a collision or a Rio?
Thats my two cents. Peace
:gitara:

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Just because something is big & heavy does not mean its safe in an accident.

If I'd have seen the attached saftey crash earlier I might never have bought my van.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hmmm these crash ratings are a bit suspect - compare the ncap rating on the euro an american sites same ncap totally different results :bwekk:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts