Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 KIA Soul (Titanium). 2019 Kia Sorento (Pearl)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlights on our new 2019 Sorento move around when we start the car. What’s that all about? Also, there are two black triangles that appear at the top of the beam and are most distracting at night. Is this normal? My dealer says yes but had no idea why. Anyone have an explanation? I’ve attached a photo I took with the headlights shining on the side of a building in front of the car. Should there be such a hard line across the top of the beams? The black triangles in the photo look small shining on the wall close to the car, but out on the street the triangles are HUGE and they move around and distract the eyes.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,134 Posts
Headlights, like a lot of things in your car, are doing a self-test when the vehicle is started. Yes, they move.
The cut-off line should be very sharp, yes. That's how a decent projection headlight should work.
The triangles are a mystery. Have been hearing that from a number of people here (and elsewhere). Obviously something to do with the combination of light source and optical design of the projectors, but no idea just what it is.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
332 Posts
If the lights fail the start up wig-wag test it will light a warning on the instrument panel.
One of my lights quit moving, warranty repaired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts