Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) myt neighbour has just bought a 1.0GS picanto 04 reg in red with black side mouldings (trims whatever you call them) Looks really nice. I am looking to get a red one also but all the ones I've seen so not have these. They are all self coloured. Can anyone enlighten me please

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by maggie@Oct 22 2004, 02:21 PM
;) myt neighbour has just bought a 1.0GS picanto 04 reg in red with black side mouldings (trims whatever you call them) Looks really nice. I am looking to get a red one also but all the ones I've seen so not have these. They are all self coloured. Can anyone enlighten me please
only the bottom model has the black side thingies, thats a technical term by the way, thingies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a shame 'çause I would have liked air conditioning . Don't know if I can live without that. Although in England you probably only use it a couple of times a year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by maggie@Oct 22 2004, 03:09 PM
Thats a shame 'çause I would have liked air conditioning . Don't know if I can live without that. Although in England you probably only use it a couple of times a year.
so you want the black panel things? why dont you want body coloured ones? they look much better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Picanto@Oct 22 2004, 11:35 AM
so you want the black panel things? why dont you want body coloured ones? they look much better.
I don't know, I just think the black breaks up the colour a bit as I understand the front grill is also the same colour as the body. I have had a good look at the spec and I will also have to do without the leather steering wheel, remote control locking Looks like it will have to be the LS model I am trying to match everything I have on my car at the moment only have a better look about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by maggie@Oct 23 2004, 03:46 AM
I don't know, I just think the black breaks up the colour a bit as I understand the front grill is also the same colour as the body. I have had a good look at the spec and I will also have to do without the leather steering wheel, remote control locking Looks like it will have to be the LS model I am trying to match everything I have on my car at the moment only have a better look about it.
It's funny. Most folks with the black 'thingies' (the correct scientific term would be door mouldings, thank you) are actually queing up to get them sprayed in the body colour to look more 'upmarket'.

But I think if you don't do anything major to alter the exterior, the black thingies do blend in with the black plastic at the base of the mirror as well as at the base of the windscreen. Like with the Renault Clio, which is coloured the same way.

Personally I would prefer to shave off all of the plastic thingies and door handles, but only if I won a fortune from the lottery next week. ha ha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts