Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just noticed mould spots inside one of my Kia pro ceed rear light assemblies. I think I read on the forum it’s a two part plastic lens glued together. I must presume the glue has failed as the lens shows no damage. The article I read spoke of separating the parts and wondered if the person talking about trying this was successful, and by what way did he accomplish this feat? Soaking in hot water comes to mind, but most plastic glues resist this. Have priced up a second hand part on the net and complete price with delivery was ninety five pounds Gulp!:eek:
johnfranklyn

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Have just noticed mould spots inside one of my Kia pro ceed rear light assemblies. I think I read on the forum it’s a two part plastic lens glued together. I must presume the glue has failed as the lens shows no damage. The article I read spoke of separating the parts and wondered if the person talking about trying this was successful, and by what way did he accomplish this feat? Soaking in hot water comes to mind, but most plastic glues resist this. Have priced up a second hand part on the net and complete price with delivery was ninety five pounds Gulp!:eek:
johnfranklyn
Most glues used for joining plastic are the type that slightly disolve both surfaces and then harden (ie. the sort used in plastic model construction kits). Unless you want to take the fairly high risk of forcing them apart, I don't see a solution. Still, I guess it's worth a go as a last resort before buying new. Good luck.
I'm assuming that your Ceed is out of warranty, if not claim.

·
Registered
246 Posts
John's car would apperar from his profile to be a PreCeed 3 thsu its 3 years old or less. It should still be under warranty (4 years at least to go) thus Kia should sort.

But I do seeme to remember reading the OP uses a non-Kia garage for servicing, this would be a good test to see if the warranty is still intact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts