Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 sorento Global Curcuit
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all first time on forum.

My 2007 sorento Global 3.8 has started to go into protection mode at random times, wife wont drive it like it is, once it goes into protection mode the revs go up to about 1200 and there is a mis in the engine. If i turn of the engine wait about 10 seconds all is good i have throtle control back again but the check engine light is on. This could happen once or twice in a few hundred metres or not at all for a few days.

Any ideas

Brad:huh:

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Hi all first time on forum.

My 2007 sorento Global 3.8 has started to go into protection mode at random times, wife wont drive it like it is, once it goes into protection mode the revs go up to about 1200 and there is a mis in the engine. If i turn of the engine wait about 10 seconds all is good i have throtle control back again but the check engine light is on. This could happen once or twice in a few hundred metres or not at all for a few days.

Any ideas

Brad:huh:

Well, it's throwing codes, so there is SOMETHING happening to cause it to go into limp home mode. Can you get those codes read and let us know, so we can further help you?

·
Registered
2007 sorento Global Curcuit
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am waiting for the OBD2 blue tooth, should be this week then i will let you know.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
OK code numbers are
P2106
P1295
P2135

in that order
regards Brad
P2106 = Throttle Actuator Control System
P1295/P2135 = APS sensor A/B voltage correlation

There is a TSB on the Hyundai SanteFe TSB 09-FL003-2 that states that the Throttle Position Sensor needs replaced and to reprogram the ECM... This may or may not be related, but worth noting that it throws the same exact codes (and the SanteFe being the Sorento's Hyundai Sister).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts