Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

just had a failure on my '53 2.9 auto and failed because of both suspension ball joint covers perished, the garage phoned some of there suppliers but could not get just the cover, saying that I might have to buy the complete arm, bank balance not that high....

Does anyone know where i can get just the covers.??

thanks for any help..
steve

·
Banned
465 Posts
Hi,

just had a failure on my '53 2.9 auto and failed because of both suspension ball joint covers perished, the garage phoned some of there suppliers but could not get just the cover, saying that I might have to buy the complete arm, bank balance not that high....

Does anyone know where i can get just the covers.??

thanks for any help..
steve
Don't believe you will be able to buy just the covers for the ball joint. it never used to be part of the MOT they could be torn/perished etc but it changed this year and as you have found its a fail. Ask the garage to check if they can get a pair of ball joints that the rubber covers look about the same size and just swap the covers over. a set of ball joints new from a motor factors should be under £20

·
Registered
kia sedona 2.9tdi 01, isuzui trooper 3.1td, Transit 2.4 2000
54 Posts
Hi, look on ebay, ball joint boot. most motor factors are now stocking boots because of new mot.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers guys and yes it is a new item on the mot test,
I have been in the kia dealers and have to buy the complete arm, boots are not stocked seperatly.
I have not found a motor factor that stocks them yet as they are approx 60 mm, they seem to stock smaller ones. I am off tomorrow so might have to do some more searching
steve

·
Registered
kia sedona 2.9tdi 01, isuzui trooper 3.1td, Transit 2.4 2000
54 Posts
Hi, check Item number: 180909655716 on ebay. might be the right one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

thanks i did see that one and yes i do believe it to be the right one...

I took the car to a semi commercial mechanic who had a stack of these from light vans and he sorted it out for me, he then mot'ed it for me all for the price of the MOT,... great deal....

steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts