Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I posted earlier, with under 2k miles on my '13 SX I had to have the engine replaced.
Now at around 3k miles it started smoking like a crop duster at startup until it warmed up. Once I left it overnight at the dealer so they could replicate it, they diagnosed it as leaky seals in the turbo so now I have a brand new turbo on the car.
Kia and my dealer continue to be great to deal with but I'm beginning to get tired of issues. Hopefully that's the end of it since I actually enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I got a call earlier this week from Kia to see how my repair was doing. They said they'd follow up today to make sure everything was still good.
They called today as they said they would to see how things were going. Along with apologizing for the issues, they said they would like to offer some goodwill. They first asked if I'd like free oil changes for the next two years. I said I appreciate it but my dealer gives free oil changes for as long as I own the car. They then asked if I was keeping my subscription to Sirius. Assuming they were going to offer some free months I kind of chuckled and told them I just transferred my lifetime subscription over to the car so don't have Sirius bill. Then they asked if I was interested in any accessories so I said I had thought about picking up some crossbars for the roof. They said they'd see what they could do and call me back. A little while later I got a call saying they had called my dealer and ordered me some crossbars that I could pick up on Tuesday!
Just wanted to share again how impressed I've been with Kia's response to issues.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Nice!

Always good to see a company do what they can to make things right.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the lifetime satellite radio?

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the lifetime satellite radio?
I think I originally got it in 2005 or so. I believe it was $400 or $500 since I thought as long as the company lasts 3 years I'd be in the black. I'm not sure if they still offer them now, but I'd certainly say I got my money's worth.
Though from what I lost when I sold my stock in that company maybe not.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts