Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over the internet and among many forums including this one, and so far I have not been able to find many websites that offer different mods for the 2012/2013 Kia Rio5. I am mainly looking for cold air intake and strut bars. Has anyone been able to find anything like this or other mods other then emblems, logos, and interior lights?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
There's actually a thread above yours that has been discussing this subject.

But to answer your question, no - not really. Being that the Rio is still so new - the aftermarket hasn't quite seen it as a popular enough car to mod... yet. It's coming quickly though. I can see that manufacturers are realizing the potential (and increased sales) that this little car has now.

The engine is the same as the Veloster btw, so many things will interchange.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
The car in most countries are still in the first MY cycle so the parts will be small amount.

It helps to search by using these:
-All New Pride
-뉴프라이드
-Kia Rio UB
-Rio5
-Rio MY12+

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 Lx
17 Posts
Check out the Veloster forums. A lot of the engine components (if not all) are interchangeable between the two. The veloster guys have been tweaking their cars a lot more than we have. I plan on buying the turbokits.com CAI. Veloster Forum : Hyundai Veloster Forums

Tue first mod I'd do if I was you is add a catch can. I did that at 1100 miles and never looked back.

BTW I am not endorsing their forum or that product, just relaying info.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
Check out the Veloster forums. A lot of the engine components (if not all) are interchangeable between the two. The veloster guys have been tweaking their cars a lot more than we have. I plan on buying the turbokits.com CAI. Veloster Forum : Hyundai Veloster Forums

Tue first mod I'd do if I was you is add a catch can. I did that at 1100 miles and never looked back.

BTW I am not endorsing their forum or that product, just relaying info.
Same here. Ive already started using Veloster parts for my car. I mainly look for the Veloster handling parts first then the other stuff. Already have the Veloster x brace on the car and it hasnt failed me since.

Also the new i30 will have its exhaust parts directly compatible with the Rio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts