Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've mucked about with cars for years, and wa just wondering whats was available at the moment? I usually make my own stuff but I'm curious. Does the Picanto share its wheel stud pattern with other manufactures such as Ford, Vauxhall, Rover etc (Easier to trace rare wheels that way)? Does anybody make an induction kit for this car? I was told that parts from the Getz might fit? Can you get the engine chipped? Is their a manual covering the engine for the car available yet? Does anybody know how to remove the spotlight covers in the front bumpers as I want to put mesh in the holes?

Yes I know its a lot of questions, but I'm so happy with my car I want to know all about it! Thanks. :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
last i heard K&N has an induction kit out for the pica. haven't confirmed it though. parts from the getz might fit woth a little adjustment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to sound a bit dim, but whats an open pod filter? I've tried taking my airbox off for some testing and my 1.0l picanto will scream to 95mph with, but without I got her to dead on 100mph! Fuel economy did go through the roof, but It did give me some ideas. Idling become rough aswell, so hopfully an induction kit is the way forward. Has anybody tried one of those power-mod chips that apparently bolts onto the air sensor tricking the engine to allow more cold air in? Just wondered if they were anygood? Also I spotted a 6bhp chip for the picanto, I think it was a german site? Anyhow can anyone supply/fit one in the uk?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Originally posted by scarypunkbloke@Jun 6 2005, 08:47 PM
Has anybody tried one of those power-mod chips that apparently bolts onto the air sensor tricking the engine to allow more cold air in? Just wondered if they were anygood? Also I spotted a 6bhp chip for the picanto, I think it was a german site? Anyhow can anyone supply/fit one in the uk?

Thanks.
Those chips WILL wreck your engine, also wreck your fuel economy, catalyst etc...
They fool the temp sensor into thinking it's always cold, making the cold start program kick in, causing the car to be massively overfueled.
Will they give the claimed output?
Unlikely.
Will they wreck your fuel economy?
Definately.
Will it wreck your engine?
Yes.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
39 Posts
FC is still the same.... still 12~13km/L ...

but more power... also i just went for my 10k servicing and change to fully Syn oil......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats those cheaper chips, wasnt sure on that one. How about these reprogrammed eproms? They claim a 6/7bhp gain and not even detectable when kia engineers check over the system.

Also can i claim to have the fastest 1.0l picanto? An airbox mod see's my top speed at 102mph! :haha: Probobly with the wind behind me etc. but seeing that on my speedo gave me a huge smile! As for fuel economy, through the roof, but fine around town so I can live with that. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts