Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey kia-forums!

I'm very interested in launching a project to develop modifications for the Kia UVO. I don't have a very fleshed-out idea but I wanted to know what you guys thought...

I just purchased a 2012 Kia Optima with UVO, but without navigation... and i'm pretty underwhelmed with the technology

First, interactions with an ipod or phone seem very sluggish. This is absurd to me with the cost, capability, availability, and size of electronics today. What is the bottleneck there? It also drives me crazy looking down at my smartphone to navigate when I have a reasonably high-definition screen in front of me displaying pretty basic text.

Anyway I was wondering if you guys thought those things could be improved? Or at the very least come up with a hardware mod + android app to port a smartphone screen to the Kia Display?

My "vision" is to have my entire smartphone displayed on my UVO display. When I press the voice action button on my steering wheel, it activates my voice actions and I can speak directly to my phone and say "Navigate to the nearest strip club", or whatever, and my phone will handle the entire process (which is much better than Kia's solution)

I'm pretty capable when it comes to software development but don't have much experience when it comes to vehicle electronics/hardware, so I'd love to get a couple other guys involved with diverse talents.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
9 Posts
UVO is windows CE which is a very secure and locked down OS. I don't think it would be possible to mod without some insider information from MS. Since MS doesn't even support a UVO forum, pretty sure we're not getting anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts