Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had original Kia Rio windows vent visers installed today. Anyone here has them installed too? I know I should have asked before but beside preventing rain from entering in the cabin when the window is crack opened, is there another interesting purpose to this gadget (!) that adds some class to the little car? Does it interfere with the dynamics of the car, fuel economy, wind noise?
Thanks for the hints.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
Also great in the heat where you can leave all your windows open a slight bit so the heat can dissipate, but it doesn't look like your windows are open. Used to have this problem on older vehicles that I used to have at night when I parked in the driveway with the windows down a bit (to keep it cool) and then it would rain sometime in the night, so you would either have to rush out and close them or get wet seats - no more.

Not aware that an item like this would have any effect on dynamics, fuel economy or wind noise - you probably get more of than from the antenna on the roof - so minute its not even worth considering.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Window Vent Shades

I have a Set & the Hood deflector on my sedan & highly recommend them. OEM manufacturer for kia & most other Car manufacturers is Focus Auto Design right here in Calgary.Owner is a friend & insisted he install a set for free on my car & I too love the look( Almost looks like the car has a chopped top!).He took pictures of my car with the items installed to put in his Sales Evidence manual.Couldn't beat the price either:).Just got back from a 300 Kilometer highway trip @ 110 KM & no negitives regarding wind noise & they do give a little extra tint when parked in the sun. Great item & very high quality.

·
Registered
2012 Rio SX Hatch
391 Posts
i have the window visors and hood deflector.
like them both, i think they look better than most others that i see around.
no problem with wind noise on either.
i do find that the window visors don't curve down enough at the front on the front windows (and back of the back windows) and as such you can really only just give a small "crack" open before rain starts coming in at the leading edge.
other issue is they do limit visibility a little bit on specific angles of turns or when street lights are placed at exactly the right spot, not a big deal at all, but i have certainly noticed it more than a few times.
other than that, i am happy with the purchase of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts