Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 Sorento SX. It came with the nav and upgraded stereo system. It also came with a complimentary subscription to Sirius/XM radio as well as traffic. I never extended subscription to either the radio or the traffic after they expired. Recently i've noticed that the traffic icon is missing (not greyed out) when i use the nav. Its been over a year since our subscription ran out so my question is, where did the icon go?

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
It went to that special place where icons go when they are not paid for..... someone else's car. If you renew your subscription, it will return to you. Like a rash.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make sense except that the icon was still there for quite a while after the subscription expired...its only the last few weeks that the icon has disappeared.

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
When XM sends out it's confirmation signals, it updates each time. If you renew the service (which I would not recommend), they will reactivate it and it will reappear.

I would suggest you save your money on both the Traffic and the XM and use Waze and Pandora...... just my .02 though. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts