Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Niro 2017 EX w/ sunroof and tech package Arrora Black
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are anyone on here having these? Not that I am, but been told Niros are getting them there might be a computer reprogram. Been hinted that it is due to the EGR valve. Other fix might be intake manifold redo. GDI engines are prone to carbon build up so using the BG fuel treatment is a huge help.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 2017
2 Posts
Kia Kiss fire issue

The Kia Niro I bought in Feb developed a miss fire. Local dealer contacted KIA America for technical assitance. Kia acknowledged a problem, no fix to-date. KIA Motors told the dealer to return vehicle to me without problem resolution. I have now learned from KIA that this may be a systemic issue that many owners have not reported. It is problem with fuel mixture, it is easiest to feel at moderate speed in 'gas only' mode. In my case a reduction of approx 6MPG has resulted I advise Niro owner to be alert to the uneven engine run at normal 45-55 MPH operation and inform your dealer of any unusal, though subtle, 'stumbling' feeling while operating.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX - Black / Beige
1,996 Posts
The Kia Niro I bought in Feb developed a miss fire. Local dealer contacted KIA America for technical assitance. Kia acknowledged a problem, no fix to-date. KIA Motors told the dealer to return vehicle to me without problem resolution. I have now learned from KIA that this may be a systemic issue that many owners have not reported. It is problem with fuel mixture, it is easiest to feel at moderate speed in 'gas only' mode. In my case a reduction of approx 6MPG has resulted I advise Niro owner to be alert to the uneven engine run at normal 45-55 MPH operation and inform your dealer of any unusal, though subtle, 'stumbling' feeling while operating.
does the car return any obd codes or check engine light?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will say that I noticed this car likes to "carb up" I have been known to open the car up to clean it out. I have used the recommended fuel line cleaner by BG. Will pay attention to the speed on my way to work tonight and see if I notice the stumbling.

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,696 Posts
GDI engines are prone to carbon build up so using the BG fuel treatment is a huge help.
GDI engine tend to carbon the valves and the fuel treatment will have no affect as the fuel is not injected into the intake manifold...

... Philip

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, 2005 Ponitiac GTO, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does the car return any obd codes or check engine light?
I have not noticed anything that your feeling on my car hope you find a solution. Ho many miles do you have on yours?

·
Registered
Kia Niro 2017
2 Posts
After my last trip to the dealer with no resolution to the miss-fire porblem . I have notified the dept of consumer protection and I have filed a Lemon Law claim with Kia Motors. Kia has admitted to my dealer that they realize they have a problem and that the rate of occurance is increasing. My miss fire is increasing in frequency and other messages I have recently seen on this forum about the miss fire confirm that the issue is systemic. I believe that pressure needs to be applied to Kia for a resolution since they know of the issue and continue to sell the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro EX
16 Posts
After my last trip to the dealer with no resolution to the miss-fire porblem . I have notified the dept of consumer protection and I have filed a Lemon Law claim with Kia Motors. Kia has admitted to my dealer that they realize they have a problem and that the rate of occurance is increasing. My miss fire is increasing in frequency and other messages I have recently seen on this forum about the miss fire confirm that the issue is systemic. I believe that pressure needs to be applied to Kia for a resolution since they know of the issue and continue to sell the vehicle.
What exactly is the car doing that makes you, or Kia, call it a miss fire? I would think that a true miss fire would throw all kinds of codes as well as a cel.
I do notice a hesitation in gas mode at different speeds. Almost like it wants to shift into ev or another gear, but I haven't noticed any reduction in fuel mileage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

just wanted to tell you that the "feeling" of hesitation your feeling is normal according to Kia it has to do with how the tranny is designed due to the fact it is essencally a manual transmission.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts