Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up with the site. And just got my 03 sorento yesterday. Got it cheap cuz there is a misfire. The code reads P0300, 304, & 306. Random misfire on #4 & 6. It has like 160,000 miles on it too.
From what I been searching. Seems like it could be timing belt issue?? Supposedly a mechanic already changed the coil paks on the driver side cylinders which I'm pretty sure are the "even" numbered ones. And he changed all the plugs. I just wanted to get someone else's opinion on what it is before I take it all apart. Is there anything else that could throw those same codes?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,475 Posts
there are only 3 coils on the V-6. They are located on the DS bank. They are on cyl 2,4,6. If the belt has not been changed it is a good start. Also do the water pump and all the timing belt extras. Also the wires should be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
check for the valve cover gasket scine you going to change the timing belt most of the accessories will be off is a good time to do this.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,475 Posts
check for the valve cover gasket since you're going to change the timing belt most of the accessories will be off is a good time to do this.

True. ^^^^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, sounds more like coil packs since timing usually affects all three cylinders. Try swapping the coils, reset code and see if it throws a code for cylinder #2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. This is what I've done, I've torn the motor down to the timing belt and saw that it was off 1 tooth on the passenger side. The belt looked almost brand new. So I put it all back together, fired it up, and still 300, 304, & 306 codes. Ordered new coil packs. Just got here today. Replaced the plugs and all 3 coil packs. Cleared codes, fired it up, and still running like shit. Same codes came up again!!! This is driving me nuts. Any ideas???

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
Did you replace the low tension leads to the coils. Almost as important as the HT ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts