Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya..

the sideview mirrors are giving a larger than life image..
got in a few close calls while merging into traffic..we have to realli realli check out e blind spot bofore merging.
i find this extremely dangerous.i think this part should be recalled and changed!!!
:eek:

ps : mine's an lx model.dunno what other models are getting

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Woooo! am in not the only person to whom it seems there is a bigger gap then there really is (parking in a garage prime example..... especially shown in sideways distances...

Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
the side mirrors r really bad compared to other cars. i've got a huge blind spot and it's almost cost me dearly a couple of times. had to stick on one of those tiny fish eyes mirrors just to see bikes overtaking me. uurrghhhh

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
I have had fun, pulling out of a layby... needless to say i always double check now. Thing is they are so big there is no reason why they can't be good.

Mike

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
RIGHT! Had a great encounter today where checked the mirrors all looked good signalled to move out, someting told me to glance in my rear passanger window, just in time to see the nose of the van I would have hit, had I pulled out. Very very dangerous blindspot in these cars buy the little blindspot mirrors i urge you before it is really too late. A fiver or your pica, i chose the pica.

The mirrors should carry a warning "MIRRORS SHOW WRONG MAGNIFICATION... OH AND NO TRAFFIC DUE TO BLINDSPOT. IN SHORT: USELESS" :crying:

Mike

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
i dont feel that this is a major problem. the biggest headache is the HUGE magnification recieved by the rear view mirror. that makes the distance behind you shrink which can be disconcerting when travelling in traffic and parking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts