Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a few searches and didn't find any results.

I am needing to purchase clip on mirror extensions for towing a trailer. For out on the country roads, I'm fine with cutting to the left to see behind the trailer, but I don't really want to do that on the highways.

Anybody use any mirrors that seem to fit really well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I ask, I used some one time that were kind of difficult to get on and I wasn't sure how well they would stay on at highway speeds or if they would slip off the curved surface.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The frame of plastic sits clipped on mirror side the two straps wrap around the back of mirror securing firmly in place.
The type below is what I used only the twin mirror was not available when I bought mine.
The strap condition is important so be wary of older ones.
Those that clamp into mirror frame are more likely to cost you large if mirror takes a knock better to have a disposable extender.
Maypole Dual Glass Extension Towing Glass Mirror - Rotatable Caravan Wing Mirror | eBay
The inside strap will not slip over bow of casing and outside stops mirror blowing back or vibrating .
I regularly towed at 60mph hit 70 mph on occasions to clear slow moving traffic. used same mirrors on several cars never a problem, only with vans with larger mirrors vibration never a problem

Jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the Grand Aero Towing Mirrors from milenco at Costco.
Best towing mirrors I ever had, very stable even at highway speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
g2yeux
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing