Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Hatchback, 1990 Mustang GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people complaining about it but in all honesty I have had the car for a week, bought at 216 miles and am now at 1014. I have pictures of a highway trip with the average MPG at 40 and an all city trip at 30+. Am I just a lucky one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I absolutely love this little car, it handles very well and the fact that I am getting what it said I would get is even better. I even calculated it out with the trip and i got 30.8 which as .8 over what the car said I got.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Did we really need to start yet ANOTHER thread for this? The OP statement could have been made in any one of the previous mileage threads. Please try to resist the urge to create redundant threads.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
Did we really need to start yet ANOTHER thread for this? The OP statement could have been made in any one of the previous mileage threads. Please try to resist the urge to create redundant threads.
Someone's made a thread on economy before??? :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have just about the shittiest attitude I have ever seen.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
@Marleyfan61 - if you don't want to read another thread about mileage, then choose not to read it. The thread is named "Mileage" so you knew what it was about when you clicked on it, and you took time from your busy day to reply. Please try to resist the urge to be rude.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
At least, this new thread is about good mileage...Fresh air!

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Just Plain Rude

OP - There are some members in this forum who are just plain rude to newbies. Glad to hear positive news about gas mileage and that you are happy with your car. I have found a lot of good info on this forum, but like anything else in this life you have to take the good with the bad :(

I think these new KIA's like the Soul and our re-designed Rio's are awesome. The KIA 6-Speed automatic is one of the smoothest shifting auto's on the planet - I love it!

Congrats on your new car :)

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Yes I agree it's good to hear some people are happy with the fuel mileage as I am with my Rio.The winers are still out there;)

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I am getting about 520km to a tank.. but Just got the car on Sat.. so more testing.
i wouldn't go by the DTE - wait til you've actually filled up a few times, or at least once - DTE readings tend to be very generous then re-calculate quickly as the fuel depletes

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
All I asked is for people to use existing threads where relevant to prevent cluttering the forum. This is a standard rule of thumb in every forum I have been a member. It was not a personal attack. Keep it civil.

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 LX+ MT
6 Posts
I received an email from Kia a few days ago, acknowledging that their fuel consumption ratings were incorrect. They have established a reimbursement program to make up for the additional fuel costs:

https://kiafuelconsumption.ca/

(My apologies if this has already been posted!)

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

·
Registered
2012 KIA LX Sportage
32 Posts
Is there anyone who feels taken advantage of, knowing when KIA knew?

I received an email from Kia a few days ago, acknowledging that their fuel consumption ratings were incorrect. They have established a reimbursement program to make up for the additional fuel costs:

https://kiafuelconsumption.ca/

(My apologies if this has already been posted!)

My point, they knew and held it from the public, gas milage that is. My Mother and USMC training would call that deceptive. Someone might say they lied.... 6 months before I bought my 2012 Sportage LX FWD 6spd AT 2.4L getting 26mpg, all highway. I'm sorry if I don't apologize, I expected the 32. As the 2010 Soul + I bought new and traded in was rated at 30 and I averaged 32. Dealer said, should get 35 than with the one more gear, 6spd..... NOT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts