Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportage EX
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the temp and I hit a mileage milestone yesterday. I was parked in the sun so it was a false high temp. Actual ambient was closer to 108° yesterday.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Its not a 'false' temp. You have to bear in mind that the sensor is within the envelope of the vehicle. As the vehicle sits and heats up in the sun, that sensor reports the temp as it rises. It will be closer after the vehicle gets moving.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,379 Posts
YES, and about time a mfg. moved a sensor INSIDE vehicles. A good thing for drivers to see and remember NOT to leave children or pets inside vehicles, as we saw a rash of these incidents the last few years!
Also a good explanation as to WHY sometimes it seems to take a long time for A/C to cool down a car!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,106 Posts
YES, and about time a mfg. moved a sensor INSIDE vehicles. A good thing for drivers to see and remember NOT to leave children or pets inside vehicles, as we saw a rash of these incidents the last few years!
Also a good explanation as to WHY sometimes it seems to take a long time for A/C to cool down a car!
There is a sensor inside for the automatic climate control if you have it in your model. It just doesn't have a display. For most of us, and I live in Vegas, you know the car is too hot when you get in it... I don't need a sensor when my hands get burned when I tough the steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts