Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
UB Rio 1.2L EX MT (2012 Model)
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've noticed that whenever I'm making a Bluetooth call, the other party can't hear me even though I can hear them perfectly through the car's speakers. It appears that the mic is not picking up my voice.
Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?
I was thinking of pulling out the hand's free mic from the headliner to check if everything is okay there.
I also thought about pulling out the radio and checking if the wires (11 & 22) on connector B are somehow loose.

Has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
399 Posts
Check the price of a replacement mike from Amazon, E-Bay, whatever, and then make your decision.

For example, my rear view camera is toast. I'm not replacing it because I am a safer driver without it. Thing is, for $140, I could......so, I'd look at that aspect of it first if I were you.

Personally, my threshold of pain is <$250 for what you are talking about as I use it a lot of the time I am in the car. Good luck !!

·
Registered
UB Rio 1.2L EX MT (2012 Model)
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply
Check the price of a replacement mike from Amazon, E-Bay, whatever, and then make your decision.

For example, my rear view camera is toast. I'm nor replacing it because I am a safer driver without it. Thing is, for $140, I could......so, I'd look at that aspect of it first if I were you.

Personally, my threshold of pain is <$250 for what you are talking about as I use it a lot of the time I am in the car. Good luck !!
Thanks for the reply. I'll look for that part and see what it will cost to have it replaced.

Seems I also have to remove the headliner to get to the mic. Already dreading that work. :(

I read somewhere that it may be the phone or that the mic volume on the radio may be too low. Not sure how to test it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts