Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife and i camp in central up state pa and up there they have what we call "micky mouse mice" the ones with big ears.

i don't think it was squrals, there arn't any openings big enough to enter the intake tube under the inner fender

they usually come out in pairs at night...we have had trouble with them befor and they can jump about 6 to 8 inches off the ground.

well they forund a way into the air filter box of our sorento on the last camping trip last week and left a mess of bedding material and small acorns and chewed the air filter up pretty good for bedding material...good thing i check it frequently

so i drove to the KIA dealer a got a new one i am going to have to install a metal screen on the intake of the of the air box.

has anybody else had any similuar problems ? :haha:

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a first for me, I have had squirrels and cats get into the engine compartment.
You might try using a K&N filter as they are sprayed with oil and I am sure the mice won't like that versus having a screen installed. They cost $32-$40 depending on where you buy it.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
44 Posts
when I was racing motorbikes I had a big Merc Camper

I parked it up over winter in a campsite..came back to it to find the little B****** had moved in!

they eat everything!

including the poison I put down...they loved it so much they started to each the box it came in ( with the left overs in the box)

resorted to good old mouse traps!

checked the engine and they were in there too!

little feckers!!!!!
I hate em :blush: :gunsmilie: :gunsmilie:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts