Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cadenza white Premium Tech package
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As Canada has been metric for many years all cars come with metric readings vs. Imperial.EG KLM vs mph . In every car I have owned that has had electronics it allows the ability to swithch between the two modes. I have not been able to find this feature in the Kia. Has anyone else found out how to do this and if so could you please explain it to me. Thanks.

I now know that the settings function does not allow me to change metric to Imperial unlike my last car ( 2007 Lincoln MKZ) . I am wondering if the dealer can do this for me? Has anyone tried or found a solution for this. If so I would appreciate your response

Obviously an Opitima but I have tried and I don't see a function to change .

Well guys I guess sometimes removing the owners manual from its plastic cover has some value .To change from Metric to Imperial for at least the temp. you simply You can switch the temperature mode between Fahrenheit to Centigrade as follows:
While pressing the MODE, press the
DUAL button for 3 seconds or more.
The display will change from Fahrenheit
to Centigrade, or from Centigrade to
Fahrenheit.
If the battery has been discharged or disconnected,
the temperature mode display
will reset to Fahrenheit

KIA CANADA CALLED ME BACK AND CONVERTING FROM KLMS TO MILES CANNOT BE DONE

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
What function on what sort of car?

Those sorts of settings are usually hidden in a menu system so you don't inadvertantly change them. Sometimes you need to hold a button down for 2 seconds, or some other trick like that.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
Well guys I guess sometimes removing the owners manual from its plastic cover has some value
this is called - research.
Most of time spent on research is being spent on reading...

Congrats. :)

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Microsoft calls this "Discoverability".-You just have to play.

If you don't know about holding buttons for 2 or 3 seconds, you'll never find all the features. My push-bike has a speedo with a single button that needs to be tapped/pushed/held for various times to access all the settings and to set the time and wheel parameters. It came with a tightly-printed instruction leaflet, but it's much quicker (and more fun) to work it out for yourself.

·
Registered
2016 Cadenza white Premium Tech package
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More than Buttons

I did hold the buttons down and I did the change the settings from Metric to Imperial but it did not change the settings within the Gauges .For example the outside temp is still in C as are distance driving. The heating system, is F .Any suggestions? Any buttons I missed?

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX
3 Posts
I did hold the buttons down and I did the change the settings from Metric to Imperial but it did not change the settings within the Gauges .For example the outside temp is still in C as are distance driving. The heating system, is F .Any suggestions? Any buttons I missed?
To change the current outside temp from C to F (or back), hold down the reset button on the steering wheel for 2 seconds. I discovered this by accident when my temp reading switched to F without realizing why. I must have held the steering wheel button inadvertently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts