Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Picanto 1.25 Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is regarding my 66 reg kia picanto 1.25 sport...

This is something I have notice only when going over the cattlegrid at the top of our drive, but when i drove the car today i noticed it several time with the road was a bit uneven and bumpy as well. Theres a very distinct rattle, almost like a spring vibrating, that happens, normally only last for a few seconds, but it is very annoying. I did wonder if it was the bonnet arm, but it seems sturdy and held in place tight.

Any ideas on what it could be? Definitely coming from drivers side, not affected when revving, stationary or moving, but when the car vibrates over rough ground or the cattlegrid.

Many thanks,
James

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
954 Posts
This is a 1966 model year vehicle?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Picanto 1.25 Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, 2016... when I was doing some digging earlier when the engine running and bonnet up I notice the engine was making a noticeable ticking noise, wondering whether one of the spark plugs is broken and that's causing the rattle as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, we had a similar problem, maybe get your garage you are familiar with to check the struts for you. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts