Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new 2013 Rio5 SX and was wondering what the following "features" as listed on the Kia.ca website could be, because I can't see anything like them that came with the car.

- Metal-grain trim plates
- Luggage net and tray

(I have a luggage net in a bag that was in the trunk, but no sign of any "tray")

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX 6spd
59 Posts
Don't the SX models have the fancier cargo floor tray? I have a 2012 EX 5-door and it just has a fiberboard floor for the cargo area.

I bought the cargo net thinking it just needed to be attached. Turns out it involves taking some of the trim panels and drilling holes. I haven't bothered.

No idea what the metal-grain trim plates are either...

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
SX in Canada comes with the cargo net. It attaches to tabs on the cargo floor.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
Hey folks,

Thought I would throw in my experience. I have a 2013 Rio 5 SX, built June 2012. I do have the tray in the trunk. It is cheaply made and fairly shallow. It is the width and depth of the trunk area, but about 7~8cm deep. It barely holds a few tools but nothing too big. It sits under the trunk floor panel but above the spare tire/jack.

I also have the cargo net. As others have mentioned, it ties down to four tabs on the trunk floor, two on each side. I originally thought that it was meant to be strung higher or two hold items against the back of the rear seats. Nope, it is meant to hold items down to the trunk floor and hopefully prevent sliding and shifting.

As for the "Metal-grain trim plates," not a clue. I have scoured the door trims and other areas but no luck. Then I realized it says "Metal-grain trim plates,” emphasis on "metal-grain" and not metal. This most likely means that it is metal-grain looking plastic trim, possibly the trim around climate controls and the shifter? Perhaps it is the trim around the instrument cluster? Unfortunately I don't have a lower model to compare it to but I'm guessing it might be something like this.

I'm curious if someone knows for sure.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Hey folks,

I do have the tray in the trunk. It is cheaply made and fairly shallow. It is the width and depth of the trunk area, but about 7~8cm deep. It barely holds a few tools but nothing too big. It sits under the trunk floor panel but above the spare tire/jack.

I also have the cargo net. As others have mentioned, it ties down to four tabs on the trunk floor, two on each side. I originally thought that it was meant to be strung higher or two hold items against the back of the rear seats. Nope, it is meant to hold items down to the trunk floor and hopefully prevent sliding and shifting.
I've carried 3 of those 20 litre water jugs with no issue. The area under the cargo floor is perfect for hiding a laptop or other small valuables. No complaints from me. The cargo net does a pretty good job of what it's designed to do.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've carried 3 of those 20 litre water jugs with no issue. The area under the cargo floor is perfect for hiding a laptop or other small valuables. No complaints from me. The cargo net does a pretty good job of what it's designed to do.
I too have carried 2~3 full 20 litre water bottles and never thought to use the cargo net. I just made really careful turns. ;)

I usually keep some lose tools in the cargo tray, never thought to hide valuables when out and about. That is a great idea, thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I have the rubber tray thingie that covers the entire rear floor area above the spare tire compartment. For storing the muddy stuff when outside playing.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the rubber tray thingie that covers the entire rear floor area above the spare tire compartment. For storing the muddy stuff when outside playing.
And did that come with the car? Although the US spec could be different from Canadian

·
Registered
122 Posts
I thought the tray refered to the foam tray under the trunk floor board but above the spare tire. On the SX, it is found under the here:

It's only a few inches deep and designed to hold little stuff like tools or precious items you don't want out in front of prying eyes if you will. I'll take a picture when I can.

Edit: This picture is actually the old style trunk floor board. Notice that it is lower than the seats folded down. The new style with tray reduces the that gap, trunk floor to seat height. With the tray and new style floor board, it sits higher.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts