Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.Daughter has a 98 model 1.5L Mentor manual.It has started surging and lacks power up hills.Idles fine and will achieve full revs if accelerating gently on flat road.However if accelerator pushed down hard the engine will bog down a little until I come off the throttle and slowly feather the accelerator up to speed.On hills it lacks power and surges.It even seems to surge when backed off downhill.Have replaced fuel in tank and fuel filter (didnt have pressure gauge but seems to have descent fuel pressure).Replaced plugs and seems to have good spark.Checked for wires or hoses off or broken.The car is probably not worth spending much money on.Any ideas?Dont know much about injectors should I look at some secondhand from a wreckers yard.Hope someone can help,thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved??? Explain this....I disconnected the battery for an hour while I was in the engine bay.When I reconnected the battery and at my wits end as to the problem I went to drive to the wreckers to get a price on the injectors and the problem has vanished!!!!!!.How?? It is going better than ever, could it be a computer problem that is going to keep happening...does it have a computer? Anyone heard anything like this before or is this magic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts