Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the sellers at the dealership yesterday told me that he drove a car like mine with the same engine and trainy and that he speed all the way up passed the 240 km/h mark. He said it did 250 km/h (155 mph) and that those cars arent locked. I have a really hard time beleive that, I dont see my car capable of doing 155 mph, isnt that kinda crazy? Any of you also think he's full of it? Fastest I went with my car yet is 180 km/h (112 mph). :auto:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by ahfrederick@Oct 4 2005, 11:41 PM
Kool.. but where would you drive it over 100? LOL Just don't get caught! :grin:
I dont do it often. Actually I havent done it for quite sometime. There is a stretch of interstate up here where there is just about no traffic on it and thats where I did it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had my 04 LX V6 over 125 surprising an Acura Integra on the interstate. This is stock, so when I can get some aftermarket parts the show begins in earnest!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by chimaster@Oct 5 2005, 08:27 PM
Had my 04 LX V6 over 125 surprising an Acura Integra on the interstate. This is stock, so when I can get some aftermarket parts the show begins in earnest!
Well remember for you and XMEN you both have V6's and there lies the difference. You both more than likely have better RPM's at high speeds. As I've said before when I took mine to 100MPH it was @5,000RPM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if I remember correctly, both the 4cyl and the V-6 have the same tranny, and gear ratios.... they should be the same RPMs at any speed I would think. Anyhow, at some point I was racing a grand-am, hit 110 (3rd @5,800 I think) and that was it... nothing more... let off the gas just enough to force it into forth, and still nothing (and that was at 4,000 RPM too)... ah well, maybe I just got lucky enough to find one with some sort of computer controlled limiter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
On my 2002 2.5 se I see 85mph at 3000rpm and its still very willing to keep on keeping on, 100mph is NO problem, I could easily believe the 133mph quoted max. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
:auto: :nahrung034: I just got a ticket street racing and the officer said I was going 97 miles over the speed limit 65 they clocked me at 162 mph. And my car is bone stock. I just use 93octane gas thats it.

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
561 Posts
Originally posted by Rudy@Mar 8 2006, 06:38 AM
:auto: :nahrung034: I just got a ticket street racing and the officer said I was going 97 miles over the speed limit 65 they clocked me at 162 mph. And my car is bone stock. I just use 93octane gas thats it.

How much do they stiff you for?
Over here they would give about a $650 fine and immediate license cancellation for about 12mths.
I just aint worth doing.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by Rudy@Mar 7 2006, 03:38 PM
wow!!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima LX
77 Posts
I own a auto as well and I have had it past 112 mph many times. Jimhood you are right about the V6 and 4 cylinder having the same transmission and same ratios. Some of you know me from SK, I am a moderator there.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
83 Posts
auto.gif nahrung034.gif I just got a ticket street racing and the officer said I was going 97 miles over the speed limit 65 they clocked me at 162 mph. And my car is bone stock. I just use 93octane gas thats it.
are you sure that wasnt in kph. i will pay your ticket if you can prove it. hell, after they take your license away i will move to arizona and drive you around so you can still get where you need to go. are you sure that maybe you werent racing someone that was way faster and since you lost the race the cop decided to give you the ticket the other guy should have gotten. also, doubling the speed limit on a highway is called driving with intent to kill, they do not give you speeding tickets at that point, trust me, i know, which would you like me to mail you; my ticket, the papers i signed when i was booked, the papers from my lawyer, or the documents of the money i spent to not stay in jail. at court i was told by the judge that 99% of the cases like mine where someone gets hurt or killed you get attempted manslaughter or manslaughter in the first. you dont have to lie to make friends.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by bjm@May 14 2006, 04:03 AM
are you sure that wasnt in kph. i will pay your ticket if you can prove it. hell, after they take your license away i will move to arizona and drive you around so you can still get where you need to go. are you sure that maybe you werent racing someone that was way faster and since you lost the race the cop decided to give you the ticket the other guy should have gotten. also, doubling the speed limit on a highway is called driving with intent to kill, they do not give you speeding tickets at that point, trust me, i know, which would you like me to mail you; my ticket, the papers i signed when i was booked, the papers from my lawyer, or the documents of the money i spent to not stay in jail. at court i was told by the judge that 99% of the cases like mine where someone gets hurt or killed you get attempted manslaughter or manslaughter in the first. you dont have to lie to make friends.
WOW, how fast WERE you going?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
83 Posts
150mph was what is in the paperwork. the good thing was he got me on radar doing that while i was trying to slow down, i wont ever know how fast i was actually goin because the needle goes out of number range at 120 and was literally bouncing off the odometer reset button which i would say is about where 155mph would be. something i would like to point out is at that time i was being very stupid, i could have killed my girlfriend that was in the passenger seat, myself, or anybody around me, now looking back that was one of the stupidest things i have ever done. I really do hope that as some of you read this you dont think it was cool or sounds like a lot of fun to go try. if you really want to go fast prove yourself on a track and learn what it means to drive a vehicle at high speed and if you find out that you dont have what it takes consider yourself proud that you just saved lives by not being an idiot. also you can do what im trying to do and get your pilots license. being on the ground after flying an airplane just seems lame.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts