Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows the largest tire size one can put on this thing without major modifications to wheel wells. I have plans for a Daystar lift and 265/75/16s but if I can go bigger without having to destroy the wheel well, then that would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
your limitations are your pocket and what you like.

The wider the tire the more room they need. Also, keep in mind they change alignment and affect turning radius. On the top of that, if you go more than two sizes up (245 to 265) you will end up with uneven wear if you do not alter suspension.

Is there any specific reason why you need such big tires? There is not gain from wide thread except higher friction, higher fuel use, and more noise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your limitations are your pocket and what you like.

The wider the tire the more room they need. Also, keep in mind they change alignment and affect turning radius. On the top of that, if you go more than two sizes up (245 to 265) you will end up with uneven wear if you do not alter suspension.

Is there any specific reason why you need such big tires? There is not gain from wide thread except higher friction, higher fuel use, and more noise.
265/75 isn't really THAT much bigger than the stock 245/70's that came on the Sorento. I want bigger tires because I plan on taking it off road when I get don't fixing it up. After the bigger tires and the lift kit I plan on doing an alignment so hopefully it won't be TOO far out and will actually line up. I am a mechanic so I have access to specialty equipment :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts