Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How BIG of tires can I get without lifting or cutting my '04 Sorento?

I have found that the Kumho Passenger tires that came with my truck, suck off-road. I go Camping often and, four out of Eight trips, have got a flat on the decent gravel roads by Harrison and Chehalis Lakes, BC. Would Like to upgrade to BF Goodrich AT's but would also like to get larger size.

Has anyone done this yet? I would like to get 32" or 34" tires, easiest way to make 'em fit would be?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
19 Posts
I am saving to put BF Goodrich all terrain KO's on my Sorie. they are 32 inxch. 265 75 R16 is the exact size. But I have also purchased an OLD MAN EMU lift for my sorie. This will give me about a 2 inch lift to make the tires fit...even then though I have heard there could be chance the tires may rub a bit. To make thing easier, I am planning on cutting my front bumper off and removing the front inner wheel wells. There is a guy who is on some of the Sorento boards from time to time named Phoenixrider. He was the first one to try this setup, so you may look into contacting him for further info or help. :gitara:

Hope this helps out a bit. I have started lookng into what it will take to fit 33 inch tires, or Mud terrains instead of the AT's. I have seen the 33 inch tires and admit they are wicked rad. Very beefy! May have to find a body lift of sorts for that tho.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 245-75-16 BF Goodrich all terrain KO's on mine and OME springs. It drives/rides a 1000% better!
Surprisingly, it even made a difference on the street, not just off-road...
[attachmentid=546][attachmentid=548][attachmentid=549][attachmentid=550][attachmentid=551]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, the stock suspension on the Sorento does leave something lacking. It's not all that bad on the road, a nice firm ride, but when the road surface starts getting rough, it starts falling apart. Off road, the stock setup is horrible!

I think that OME could sell alot more of thier setups if it didn't change the ride hieght at all - they could offer a street version and an offroad version, the only difference being ride height. The only other complaint I have with the OME setup is the amount of rake intorduced - a 1.5 inch lift in the rear and barley .75 in the front. Most people don't like that jacked up look, and you also have to re-align your headlights because of it.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
19 Posts
Here I am wishing the offered a bigger lift! :lol:

Here in California we have a lot of people who lift thier trucks higher in the front to get that "California tilt" as we call it. makes it look like they are dragging thier a$$ around. It seems really popular with all the kiddies these days.

I completely forgot to mention the addition of Daystar spacers in the front coils to even out the ride a bit, if not slightly higher in the front.

Slight California tilt = good! :lol:

Stinkbug "a$$ in the air" look= LAME! :huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.