Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I prefer amuffler for injection.
the one with two combined muffler.

puttputt, how do you feel after changing air filter to drop in version?
I changed K&N air filter, but the standard size.
I thought the drop in version can easily be damaged
and dirty compared to the standard size that you used before.

And how bout acceleration and pickup?
Improves a lot more or just slightly difference?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by bob_afdlin@Jan 22 2005, 08:59 AM

I have on my sephia 1.8L is 4-2-1 header to 2.25" pipe. I also have a catco high flow cat with another resonator to quiet the sound a bit.... 2.25" is max unless your gonna go forced induction or supercharge.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
That would be nice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by bob_afdlin@Jan 22 2005, 08:59 PM

In acceleration, the drop in version is noticeably better than the paper original so much so you'll curse yourself if you have to revert to the original air filter. Noise is the same because the air box is not changed.

In acceleration, the open pod version is noticeably MUCH better than the drop-in version and is what you'd be seeking over the stock version if you wanted performance. Noise can be a problem when you crack the whip and want immediate response but if you bring the acceleration gently, hardly any noise is noticed.

But is that "noise" considered noisy? This you have to try yourself and make your own conclusion.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by puttputt@Jan 23 2005, 12:38 AM
In acceleration, the drop in version is noticeably better than the paper original so much so you'll curse yourself if you have to revert to the original air filter. Noise is the same because the air box is not changed.

In acceleration, the open pod version is noticeably MUCH better than the drop-in version and is what you'd be seeking over the stock version if you wanted performance. Noise can be a problem when you crack the whip and want immediate response but if you bring the acceleration gently, hardly any noise is noticed.

But is that "noise" considered noisy? This you have to try yourself and make your own conclusion.
i ran my car with no cats originally when i got the header and no resonator. it was so loud to the point that i was deaf driving 40 miles. got 2 noise warnings. its still loud as hell but not the annoying raspy loud. if you do end up putting no cat or resonator you will find out what i mean lol..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts