Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 2012 ex With sunroof and leather + kawasaki Vulcan custom
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MAP air sensor bolt pattern

any one know if the sorento ( v6 2012) MAP air sensor have the same bolt pattern and print of any other kia model or maybe other car brand ?? ( I can't find any air intake for the sorento so i like to custom fit one) thanks!!

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Yes, and most are on the intake manifold but I see, however, the one in question is on the box. So, hmm, your correct I have never seen a kit or intake piece to make this work. Maybe just use new tubing and leave the filter box stock.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
I went out and went to look at one, you could, if so inclined, make a metal box for a new cone style filter and drill in the intake pipe for the MAP sensor. I dont know what effects it may cause, but if you wanted it badly you could do somthing like this. MAP is a failry smart system and should be able to adjust no matter where it is, and may not matter where it is, to an extent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The sensor on the box is just a barometric pressure/intake air temp sensor. Not critical but doesn't need to read engine temps. As long as it's mounted where it won't read 150F+air temps it doesn't necessarily have to be in the intake.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
The stock air intake brings in cold air from the grill in front of the radiator. Most of the erroneously named "cold air intakes" bring in hot air from behind the radiator.

What is your goal?

·
Registered
Sorento 2012 ex With sunroof and leather + kawasaki Vulcan custom
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock air intake brings in cold air from the grill in front of the radiator. Most of the erroneously named "cold air intakes" bring in hot air from behind the radiator.

What is your goal?
I don't want open a can of worn here but a cold air intake = more air better fuel economy. But mi main reason is sound!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts