Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find this thing.. There is not anything between the air box and the throttle body.. does the car even have a MAFS? Google search is turning up zero on this..

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
No your soul does not have one. Why are you trying to find it??

·
Registered
Gen 1 Vanilla Soul Shaker 1.6 crdi Auto 2013
1,499 Posts
Hello Clint and welcome to the Kia and Soul forums.
If you go to top right of page User CP and fill in some vehicle details and area members will be better advised to help you with problems and the information will be there for all of your posts.
Not all manufacturers have the same codes.
The sight I have given may help
Search Results for kia soul OBDII Trouble Code | AutoCodes.com

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,826 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
86 Posts
do you know if it has one and or any info on it. I just replaced my map sensor.
Engines either have a MAP sensor or a MAF sensor. They generally don't have both.
If your looking for advice about how to deal with a trouble code why not start a new thread and tell us what the problem is. It would be helpful if you could tell us a bit about the car too, what engine it's fitted with, mileage, any recent repairs, etc.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul Plus
1 Posts
Just replaced my map sensor on my Kia Soul + but I still have a rough idle so I thought I should replace the idle air control valve but can't find it looking at manuals it says the idle air temperature sensor is in the same area as the map sensor .. it was a pain in the ass to locate tbh and does anybody know how to replace the IAC valve or is it the same component as the map sensor? Cant find any videos on it either

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,343 Posts
Just replaced my map sensor on my Kia Soul + but I still have a rough idle so I thought I should replace the idle air control valve but can't find it looking at manuals it says the idle air temperature sensor is in the same area as the map sensor .. it was a pain in the ass to locate tbh and does anybody know how to replace the IAC valve or is it the same component as the map sensor? Cant find any videos on it either
CEL illuminated????? GET IT SCANNED FOR CODES and post them here for more help.
2011 and newer do NOT have an IAC solenoid, it has an electric throttle control that handles that, the more common name is the THROTTLE BODY, and may just need a good cleaning internally of the bore and butterfly plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts