Kia Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
555 Posts
+1 on @asubram3 post. when i log in to Kia Mapcare | Customer Login and enter my year+model (2016 Sorento) it says the last map was released May 14, 2020 and the cost is CA$30 for shipping and media. the next step is to enter the VIN which i have not done yet and then click I agree to stuff and Add to Cart

$30 is pretty good so am open to paying but not if the free download is within reach 😁

Are there 2 different sites for Map updates for Kias? The MapnSoft site and this "Navigation Updater" website? I am confused.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
555 Posts
adding the link to the other site which i pulled from an earlier post

When i access this page and choose Download Installation program followed by For Windows I get the banner which says the update "will soon be available for FREE". Same issue with the For Mac (when i click on that icon, I dont have a Mac). o_O🥴

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL
135 Posts
Appears that they pulled the download from the US and CA official KIA site. Still available on the Korean site, so maybe they're fixing the installer for NA vehicles.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,368 Posts
The North American Kia site hasn't supported updates for quite some time, which is how we got to where we are now, with MapnSoft providing them instead.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts