Kia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX+ 3.3L V6 (red)
347 Posts
I emailed MapNSoft about the free download version - they say because of the situation (presumably covid) the free download version is now expected end July. You will need a 32GB SD card to load the update on but that the car can be in motion while the update is done .....
Thanks for the update; I've been checking the last few days and wondering what their ETA was.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
584 Posts
Am looking forward to the update. i checked my map version to find it was 08 something. the current version is i believe 13 something. i did get the Android / Carplay update when Kia made it available i think in 2017. I hope the upgrade is useful especially for Canadians (as many points of interest) arent shown and i end up having to use google to find the street address.

Thanks for the update; I've been checking the last few days and wondering what their ETA was.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
41 Posts
There's a workaround but that would require actually reading this thread.
I read that someone had success getting a download version by using 2020 as their vehicle model year. Is that the work-around you are referring to? I wanted to know if they are actually going to make a downloadable version available for other model years or not.

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX 3.3 V6 AWD
18 Posts
Two questions: (1) Workaround for what? and, (2) Why so harsh, are you having a bad day or something?
I am new to this forum and site in general, and i've noticed a few snippy people on here already. I guess it's asking to much to be nice, respectful, and helpful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I read that someone had success getting a download version by using 2020 as their vehicle model year. Is that the work-around you are referring to? I wanted to know if they are actually going to make a downloadable version available for other model years or not.

I tried the 2020 version and it didn't seem to work on my 2016.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,513 Posts
No reason that it should. You'll need to stick with one that matches the info they're having you enter since there are some head differences in the newest model. I take it that the 'July download' still isn't available? I opted early for the SD card since it was cheap enough at $25. I kept a backup of the card contents before installing it, though. Just in case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
no download available. yes, the card is only $30CAD, but it is also 37cad for shipping, which could take 4 to 6 weeks. I don't have patients for that .. LOL ...

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,513 Posts
Ouch. Wasn't near as expensive here. That shipping is silly.

·
Registered
USA 2019 Sorento SXL V6 AWD
28 Posts
So read through 600 + posts in the this thread? I guess being helpful is too much to ask as well eh?
Your post was number 146, don't know where you get 600 from.

Ever read any avs posts, there can be several thousand responses, you're getting off easy, perhaps if you took the time you would know your car better.

Happens way too often the answer is just a search away yet you people ask anyway, learn to be more self reliant. At least try a search first, it's annoying when the answer is just a page away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your post was number 146, don't know where you get 600 from.

Ever read any avs posts, there can be several thousand responses, you're getting off easy, .

Happens way too often the answer is just a search away yet you people ask anyway, learn to be more self reliant. At least try a search first, it's annoying when the answer is just a page away.
You really think this is my first Rodeo. I've been a part of 1000 if not more forums of various flavours as admin, owner, regular joe, etc, for over 20 years, I know how to search, I know how to find information. However there are plenty of people that don't know, and part of being on a forum is suppose to be about being helpful "search for yourself" isn't helpful, especially, if you have already seen the answer and can supply with minimal time spent.

"perhaps if you took the time you would know your car better" -- I just got my car last week. What do you think I am doing -- trying to figure what is wrong with my Nav Unit ... This isn't the first forum about the navi unit i have been on, there are plenty out there.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX Turbo AWD
50 Posts
The new update site seems to be working to let us download something now.

Been checking every day or two and it no longer shows the Grand Opening popup when clicking the download link.

The installer asks which location you are in (I think, it's worded awkwardly) and Korean is the only option, followed by language (Korean or English). On the following screen they ask you to agree to 2 sets of terms. YOU ONLY NEED TO AGREE TO THE FIRST SET.

Once installed it looks like this:

Note that it does end up saying Korea at the top (and it cannot be changed) so I would advise waiting longer. I'm still going to play around, though.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX Turbo AWD
50 Posts
Looks like the Grand Opening popup when clicking the download link is back. Guess someone jumped the gun or something.

The Korean software is unsurprisingly not useful and requires registration through a Korean Kia site with a Korean phone number. So there wasn't really anything to play around with.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX+ 3.3L V6 (red)
347 Posts
Looks like the Grand Opening popup when clicking the download link is back. Guess someone jumped the gun or something.

The Korean software is unsurprisingly not useful and requires registration through a Korean Kia site with a Korean phone number. So there wasn't really anything to play around with.
Several of us on the forum were able to install for Canada by changing the country after installing the navigation update software, even though the only region available when installing the software was listed as South Korea.

Interesting though that they pulled it. Probably to fix that bug I would imagine.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 3.3 V6 SXL AWD
5 Posts
Been checking every day or two and it no longer shows the Grand Opening popup when clicking the download link
I can't stop you from pressing buttons on this non-working site ))) but the last few pages were about

Hope this helps. I saw a warning "Downloads are ONLY available for new 2020 KIA"

·
Registered
18 Posts
I selected non member, so didn't have to do a user name/password.

I was able to download the software.

I was perplexed as the only options that I could intially find were for the korean downloads.
I eventually click on the gog at the top
and found this

Changed it to Canada, clicked apply at the bottom and it redirected me to the Canadian download.

I got this page
and was able to start the download. I opted to download the file directly to my computer (faster) and then copy to my own 32 gig SD card.

My Navigation system is now fully updated, with current maps and Android Auto/Apple Car Play. Also, my date and time are back.

I am a happy camper.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
41 Posts
Are there 2 different sites for Map updates for Kias? The MapnSoft site and this "Navigation Updater" website? I am confused.

141 - 160 of 214 Posts